• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Join the 1st Burning Porcupine Work Party Weekend & Summer Solstice Celebration

Started by Russell Kanning, June 13, 2008, 10:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Russell Kanning

found this interesting thing for the hoyt farm:

Fifth Generation. — Captain Joseph Hoyt, son of the above, was born at a place called Lion's Mouth, Massachusetts, in the year 1727. He married Sarah Collins. Removed to Brentwood, New Hampshire, as early as 1752, in that part incorporated as Poplin in 1764. He was taxed in Poplin as late as 1772, but he very soon after removed to Grafton, New Hampshire, being one of the earliest settlers of that place. Tradition says that the first apple trees set out in Grafton consisted of one hundred trees carried there from Poplin by the wife of Joseph Hoyt. It is said that Joseph raised twenty men and went as captain when the Indians burnt Royalton, but he did not reach that place. He was the father of eight children; he died in 1808.

Sixth Generation. — Joseph Hoyt, son of the above, was born October 17, 1754. He married Polly Cass; he lived in Grafton, New Hampshire, until about 1800, then removed to Bolton, Lower Canada. He was the father of fifteen children; he was my father's grand-father.

Seventh Generation. — Joseph Hoyt, son of the above, was my grand-father. He was born March 5, 1775, in Grafton, New Hampshire; he married Sally Stevens of Enfield, New Hampshire, May 3, 1798; he was the father of fourteen children; he died in Bolton, Canada, August 27, 1849.

Eighth Generation. — Joseph Hoyt, my father, was the son of the above. He was born March 7, 1809; he was twice married; his first wife, Sarah Boyce, was my mother; he married my mother November 17, 1835; my father is still living; my mother died February 22, 1842; there were three children by this marriage, all of them are present here today with their families.

Ninth Generation. — I am the youngest son of Joseph Hoyt. I was born September 4, 1840; married November 25, 1865, Sophia J. Silsbee, and live in East Saginaw, Michigan. We have one child.

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

and there are apple trees all over the place .... we even trimmed some along the creek

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 22, 2008, 06:39 PM NHFT
Here are the directions for PatK

PatK should take the shortcut across Long Island Sound straight to Bridgeport.

Hey, he drives a boat, right?

Looking at the map, I suspect that "Three Thousand Acre Pond", isn't.

Pat K

Think I will stick to using the Throgs Neck Bridge,
But thanks for the short cut Kevin.  ::)

Lex

I think I'm going senile! I completely forget about this. My daughter was acting really cranky all weekend though, I think it's because of the weather, so we probably wouldn't have been able to stay very long anyways.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 22, 2008, 06:57 PM NHFT
found this interesting thing for the hoyt farm:

Fifth Generation. — Captain Joseph Hoyt, son of the above, was born at a place called Lion's Mouth, Massachusetts, in the year 1727. He married Sarah Collins. Removed to Brentwood, New Hampshire, as early as 1752, in that part incorporated as Poplin in 1764. He was taxed in Poplin as late as 1772, but he very soon after removed to Grafton, New Hampshire, being one of the earliest settlers of that place. Tradition says that the first apple trees set out in Grafton consisted of one hundred trees carried there from Poplin by the wife of Joseph Hoyt. It is said that Joseph raised twenty men and went as captain when the Indians burnt Royalton, but he did not reach that place. He was the father of eight children; he died in 1808.

Sixth Generation. — Joseph Hoyt, son of the above, was born October 17, 1754. He married Polly Cass; he lived in Grafton, New Hampshire, until about 1800, then removed to Bolton, Lower Canada. He was the father of fifteen children; he was my father's grand-father.

Seventh Generation. — Joseph Hoyt, son of the above, was my grand-father. He was born March 5, 1775, in Grafton, New Hampshire; he married Sally Stevens of Enfield, New Hampshire, May 3, 1798; he was the father of fourteen children; he died in Bolton, Canada, August 27, 1849.

Eighth Generation. — Joseph Hoyt, my father, was the son of the above. He was born March 7, 1809; he was twice married; his first wife, Sarah Boyce, was my mother; he married my mother November 17, 1835; my father is still living; my mother died February 22, 1842; there were three children by this marriage, all of them are present here today with their families.

Ninth Generation. — I am the youngest son of Joseph Hoyt. I was born September 4, 1840; married November 25, 1865, Sophia J. Silsbee, and live in East Saginaw, Michigan. We have one child.

I suspect that Russell is lying about his family

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 22, 2008, 09:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 22, 2008, 06:57 PM NHFT

I suspect that Russell is lying about his family

Yeah, he doesn't look a day over 165.

Free libertarian

On Friday the kitchen sink drain line was determined to be in need of fixing...did that happen yet?
If not, I can pick up a plug and make repair.  Planning a trip to West Leb. Home Depot later today and didn't know if I should pick up a pvc plug.   

Also fire wood. I'll assume that this weekend the stuff that was dug out of the old foundation probably got burned.   Between now and the commencement of Burning Porcupine I'm willing to wack a few trees (dead ones) providing someone can point me in the right direction so I will only cut evil trees and leave the good ones standing. Maybe lend a hand hauling wood to designated wood piles. Have sharp chainsaw, still have both legs and arms, hearing is starting to go though. 

Russell Kanning

we have a new set of white ptrap drain pipes to install (from FireCracker Joe) and hopefully some working glue from our construction site ... we were having too much fun to actually install it

I would say that Bob wouldn't mind having dead trees taken out. You can ask him. There is one dead pine on the road leading in.

Lloyd Danforth

But, all you need is a plug!  The ABS under the sink is better than Joe's PVC.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 23, 2008, 07:50 AM NHFT
But, all you need is a plug!  The ABS under the sink is better than Joe's PVC.
the plug I bought was too small ... if you can do better, we shall applaud your efforts. :)