• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene area MAP, lodging, eating, etc.

Started by David, June 18, 2008, 02:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

It takes a minute to download.  Be patient.  They distribute free paper copies at various place in the county and in Keene.  Or you can use the online one.  If you visit downtown, there are several free wifi zones.  :) 
http://www.resortmaps.com/navigate/map/Keene
Downtown map
http://www.resortmaps.com/navigate/map/Keene?page=2

maulotaur

The cartoon map that is widely available is helpful to get around the main roads, but I wanted one that was to scale and showed all of the streets.  Borders and Mal-wart did not have any such map, so I went to the chamber of commerce downtown and paid $2 for a detailed fold-out.

-Paul

Russell Kanning

if you want details ... that is why algore invented the internet

maulotaur

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 18, 2008, 05:07 PM NHFT
if you want details ... that is why algore invented the internet

That is great, I just don't carry the internet around with me - a piece of paper works just fine.  I threw away the cell phone too - you aren't going to track me anymore with your algore global BS.

David

Most of the local gas stations have great little laminated easy to fold maps of the area.  I love them. you can...look at them while driving.   >:D                                                                                                                                                                                                                         you didn't hear it from me. ;)

mackler

7-Eleven usually has street maps of the locality where the store is.

maulotaur

Quote from: mackler on June 20, 2008, 12:12 PM NHFT
7-Eleven usually has street maps of the locality where the store is.

You know, I don't remember seeing a 7-Eleven.  Do you perhaps have a map of the 7-11s so I can find one to get a map of the area?

Pat McCotter

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Only one 7-11 in Keene, but 3 Dunkin Donuts  ::)

David

Lloyd Danforth

I have NH atlases for sale.  They cover the whole state with individual maps for the towns and cities. They retail for 21$, but, mine are 15 and 5 of that goes to the Liberty Scholarship Fund.

Russell Kanning

I recommend Lloyds map .... although they sometimes have funny city names like Llebanon or Graftoln.