• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Hours

Started by Russell Kanning, June 19, 2008, 08:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Barterer

Quote from: jaqeboy on June 26, 2008, 04:19 PM NHFT
Hey, would you guys like to post the info on Shire Silver on one of the AltExpo.org pages?
Sure! I have not studied Altexpo.org yet, but definitely will give it a look this evening.  I think the main reasons ripple.libertybrew fell into disuse was lack of exposure, as well as being too complicated (trying to integrate gold, silver, and USD when the value of all three fluctuate greatly).  As soon as the site is ready to launch, I'll look to you and Altexpo to help get the word out.  Thanks! 

jaqeboy

OK, well here's the basics on the AltExpo concept, which is definitely not fleshed out yet: We started out offering a page to each presenter to post info on his topic at an AltExpo event. Conceptually, that grew to the idea of cataloging and indexing all the alternatives to mainstream stuff that's available in New-Hampshire. Then if that was your choice of paths, ie, "I want to get out of the corrupted mainstream, where do I go for food, medical care, alt. money, etc.?" AltExpo.org would be the place to go.

It's being set up as a co-operatively-created site, ie, if you are to be the guiding guru on a particular topic, you get authorship of that page and can run with it (as long as you keep it clean and don't openly advocate anything illegal). I guess there could even be competing gurus and let the readership market decide. On your page, you can just copy and paste stuff in, link to other pages, create a whole new thing for the AltExpo pages, etc.

There are also internal blogs, fora, and a host of other features, some of which are not turned on yet. The look and functionality of the site are in development and evolving, but it'll stay live the whole time and will change all the time. So, your input would be appreciated!

Just go to the site and create a username and you get sent the usual welcome email with a starter password and a link to go change it to one of your choosing. Then if you are going to take on a topic, the IT staff here set you up with a page where you'll have sole authorship and we give you an @AltExpo.org email (forwarded) account. We'll try to keep up with the indexing, etc. Meanwhile, I have to clear out all the robot signups and send out a welcome email to all signed-up site members.

Jump on in - extremely low traffic right now (never sent out a mass emailing yet) & new pages of info being slowly added.

Barterer

Cool, thanks for the explanation. :)  I made an account on Altexpo and will add a Shire Hours page when it's time to attract people to the site.

Friday

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on June 27, 2008, 12:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 19, 2008, 05:48 PM NHFT
Well we already have Shire Silver ...
We do?
Yea ... the phrase
That is part of the reason I want to set up something that has only hours ... to be different than other ideas. I also don't want to wait until it is perfect ... otherwise we might never do it. I am only waiting for Barterer to give out my first Shire Hours. If that takes too long, I will have to give them out here soon. :)

Friday

Considering all I did in G-town was bogart bugspray and burgers, I'm thinking I'm not getting any Shire Hours.    :icon_pirat:

Russell Kanning

you might already owe some ;)

Friday

Naw.  After I posted that, I remembered that I supplied a whole box of sparklers, a bag of cookies, and a bunch of corn on the cob (nutritious *and* entertaining  :D ).  I'm even steven.  8)

Russell Kanning

oh yea ... don't tell anyone what we did with the cobs

the Free Town Project doesn't exist and nobody talks about the mini corn cobs

Pat K

Friday

OMG... that exact photo was discussed at FBPWPWSSC.  Who's been talking? I thought what happens in Grafton stays in Grafton.  >:(

Pat K

Quote from: Friday on June 27, 2008, 08:58 PM NHFT
OMG... that exact photo was discussed at FBPWPWSSC.  Who's been talking? I thought what happens in Grafton stays in Grafton.  >:(

And for closer work

Russell Kanning

good work patk .... we also need to throw people off the scent

41mag

Quote from: Barterer on June 22, 2008, 09:21 PM NHFT
Speaking of paper receipts, would you guys prefer to be emailed a receipt when you earn or redeem Shire Hours, or should it remain silent?  Right now the whole thing's behind SSL (security comparable to when you use a credit card online) and no emails are sent, except to validate a new user.  Some people may want paper receipts, but of course that would be clear text sent to you.  I can't code well enough to make this user-selectable, so it has to be the same for all -- emails or no emails?

For those who do want security would it be possible to use pgp / gnupg for the outgoing mail?