• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Hours

Started by Russell Kanning, June 19, 2008, 08:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Recumbent ReCycler

I signed up the other day.

jaqeboy

what email address did you use to sign up. I want to set up a connection with you, RR.

jaqeboy

Lauren, could you insert one of those little doobies on my avatar, the guy with the megaphone. There's a good blank space in the lower right corner...

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 09, 2009, 09:36 PM NHFT
Lauren, could you insert one of those little doobies on my avatar, the guy with the megaphone. There's a good blank space in the lower right corner...

Kinda like this?

jaqeboy

Yeah, but I'm going to need new glasses to read that text  ;)

jaqeboy

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 09, 2009, 10:12 PM NHFT
Yeah, but I'm going to need new glasses to read that text  ;)
Yeah, that logo may need a few more improvements.  Maybe just the swirl and no coin.

Russell Kanning

I am using the same email here and in the ShireHours system.

TackleTheWorld

research101

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 19, 2008, 05:48 PM NHFT
Well we already have Shire Silver ... now we can have Shire Hours ... and maybe Shire Coffee Bean Portions

And shire License plates...

Yes.. this is really me this time. I'm not hijacked anymore...

Lumpy

That there plate ain't registered prahperly lady!  I'm gunna fine ewe sum sheriush hours !!!

research101

thatsa even betta there mista.....  ;)

Barterer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 08, 2009, 09:07 AM NHFT
so ... what are the latest changes to the shirehours website?
Sorry for the late reply, I just got back to Austin and caught some ZZZs.. suffice to say DAMN UNITED AIRLINES SUCKS!! so I'm a day late an a dollar short, BUT:
network.shirehours.com is up and running. New members can be accepted by me or Zaman (and I bet you can guess who ZaMAN is  ;) ) who is also an administrator and can create new boards.. the first of which will be a "suggestion box" to determine the overall structure of the forum. I'm thinking the boards should be first by trade, then by geographical area. Concerning the public and private areas, maybe ads should go in a publicly viewable area, while the working out of deals, vendor ratings and such should be members only. 

I need to fix a minor bug concerning the table of intermediaries given when a chain is necessary. It does not give the whole list (as I erroneously said in the presentation) only the trusted friend on your end of the chain is given.  Actually, for privacy it's better that way, so maybe I'll just change it to say "Account" rather than "AccountS"

A dedicated SSL certificate will be rented, thanks to Dave's kind donation, and upon his return email I'll acknowledge him by name on the homepage.. which needs updating, now that AltExpo #3 is past and needs to be trumpeted as a rousing success!!  Also will link the network from the homepage.

Also high on the priority list is for me to offer out @shirehours email accounts. If I can get just 50 such addresses going for a nominal fee of say, 2 bucks a year, that would keep the SSL cert, domain registration and host paid for.

Why don't I have any of this accomplished yet? Because I got home to a dead internet connection and have to sneak a dialup connection from the office.. sorry for being incommunicado but will get this stuff done soon.

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on March 08, 2009, 10:14 PM NHFT
I'd like to see a logo on people's avatar or signature or website that they accept Shire Hours.  Something like this:
HaHa that's perfect!! I'm gonna put that on my avatar shortly.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Barterer on March 10, 2009, 07:05 PM NHFT
...offer out @shirehours email accounts. If I can get just 50 such addresses going for a nominal fee of say, 2 bucks a year, that would keep the SSL cert, domain registration and host paid for.

Can I pay in Shire Hours??

jaqeboy

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 11, 2009, 12:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: Barterer on March 10, 2009, 07:05 PM NHFT
...offer out @shirehours email accounts. If I can get just 50 such addresses going for a nominal fee of say, 2 bucks a year, that would keep the SSL cert, domain registration and host paid for.

Can I pay in Shire Hours??

;)