• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Hours

Started by Russell Kanning, June 19, 2008, 08:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Here's Darren's talk on Shire Hours at AltExpo#6 at PorcFest'010:

Time Money - Shire Hours (part 1) Porcfest 2010

Our first video uploaded to the AltExpo YouTube channel! Many more to come in the following couple of weeks!

(Thanks again, Puke, for the awesome artwork, which we use extensively still!)

Barterer

--- much later ---
Y'all still using ShireHours?  Not much bandwidth is getting consumed. I guess I'll shut er down if it is going unused.. probably got overshadowed by Bitcoin, eh?  ;) 

Russell Kanning

maybe
I have not used the site in a long time

Barterer

Know anyone who might want the domain?  I'd rather hand it over to someone in "the liberty community" than let it go to a domain squatter who'd just put a fake search engine on it.

Russell Kanning

it seems that any of us that might be using shire hours don't need a system to keep track of them, since we are not using them anonymously our with 3rd parties.

Barterer

That's cool.  Had a good run.  8)

I changed the homepage to read:
=======
ShireHours.com will close in mid to late July 2012.

Shire hours has fallen into disuse and is far exceeded in sophistication (and membership) by Bitcoin. That would be a good system to move your business to.

Ryan Fugger has put together a great project page with a video that explains how the Ripple system works. If you wish to continue using this type of system, simply establish an account at Ripplepay.com.

Thanks,
Barterer
========

Russell Kanning

jaqeboy

Wait! - you still there, Barterer? I didn't see these messages...

Quote from: Barterer on June 05, 2012, 05:20 PM NHFT
That's cool.  Had a good run.  8)

I changed the homepage to read:
=======
ShireHours.com will close in mid to late July 2012.

jaqeboy

Well, huh... A guy last night at the Quill was all excited when I told him that we had a system called Shire Hours! He loves the Time Banking concept. Not sure anyone really wants to revive a project like this...

Free libertarian

I think a lot of us left here are probably more familiar with nap hour, not that there's anything wrong with making agreements for trading labor.

Russell Kanning

and I always like the hour and silver combo