• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

libertarian purity test

Started by Friday, June 19, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Someone posted this on the other forum: http://www.bcaplan.com/cgi-bin/purity.cgi  I got a perfect anarchocapitalist 160.  :angel1:

Flashbacks to college, with a bunch of stoned teenagers crowded into a dorm room taking the real Purity Test. Good times, good times.   >:D

Caleb

My score went down since I last took the test.

A lot of the questions aren't fair to pacifists.  "Is vigilante justice morally permissible, even against government employees?"  Stuff like that.

Lloyd Danforth

KBCraig

Quote from: Caleb on June 19, 2008, 10:06 PM NHFT
My score went down since I last took the test.

A lot of the questions aren't fair to pacifists.  "Is vigilante justice morally permissible, even against government employees?"  Stuff like that.

I don't see that as incompatible with pacifism. Maybe you're equating "vigilante" with "violent", when it really just means a volunteer justice system. Like the Tuath, or mediation/arbitration.

I scored 155, because I disagreed that all government is inherently evil. I agree that all known governments are evil, but I suppose it's possible to have one that's not. It just wouldn't do much "governing".  ;)

dalebert

I sort of assumed it meant authoritarian monopoly-style governments and not voluntary governments, so I got a perfect 160. Otherwise, you're right. That question is a bit ambiguous. I felt silly taking the test because I knew I would get a 160 before I started.

Lloyd Danforth

JJ

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 20, 2008, 09:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 19, 2008, 11:10 PM NHFT
I assume you aced it

Friday deleted her post about acing a SEX test!
You, sir, are incorrigible.  I did delete a post, but it said nothing about acing a sex test.

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on June 20, 2008, 09:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 20, 2008, 09:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 19, 2008, 11:10 PM NHFT
I assume you aced it
Friday deleted her post about acing a SEX test!
You, sir, are incorrigible.  I did delete a post, but it said nothing about acing a sex test.

You mean you FLUNKED it?  :o :o :o

K. Darien Freeheart

160, but there were actually some I disagreed with but clicked "Yes" because I knew it was the "right" answer. :P

"Should all of the Federal Reserve's discretionary powers be eliminated and the monetary base frozen?"

This is the only one that actually made me pause, and my first click was actually "No". "Freezing the monetary base" isn't a preferable thing IMO - ALL medling in the economic base is wrong. If meddling is going to happen, I don't see why the Fed should be overthrown. Best not to pay burecrats to do busy work and trick the populace into thinking the gvoernment actually has a legitimate purpose or is doing something beneficial.

David

I prolly lost points in the beginning when it asked about the vouchers for school and housing.  I opose them because he who pays the bills calls the shots, in other words, the gov't would essentually nationalize by de fault the existing private schools and housing. 

Brandon

With a 129, I surely scored the lowest here. And yes, I am ashamed.   :-[

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

I looked at the questions and gave up.

Brandon