• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DL & DMV

Started by LotharSNL, June 20, 2008, 02:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LotharSNL

Do any of you know anyone who happens to work for the DMV that would be willing to answer a few questions regarding NH licensing?  I have what seems to be a unique situation, and need to ask a few hypothetical questions.  I'd prefer to ask a real, civil, human being, if there are any employed by the DMV.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

error

Why don't you just ask your few hypothetical questions?

LotharSNL

I don't think it would be a good idea at this point.  At least, not in this type of forum.  I'd hate to invite complications that aren't necessary, no matter how unlikely.

error

OK, well, good luck finding a human being at the DMV.

LotharSNL

Thank you.  :)  I won't hold my breath.

J’raxis 270145

PowerPenguin

How strict are NH DMVs when it comes to formerly out of state retests? I'm from CA and their testing is very half-assed, so I just want to know what I'm in for in NH. I know in WA they supposedly actually fail some people, for example... :D

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: PowerPenguin on August 06, 2008, 02:44 AM NHFT
How strict are NH DMVs when it comes to formerly out of state retests? I'm from CA and their testing is very half-assed, so I just want to know what I'm in for in NH. I know in WA they supposedly actually fail some people, for example... :D

Re-test? Just to transfer your license? I didn't have to do that.

Pat McCotter

No testing for transfers.

Also, driver training is only required for under 18 and "certain non-US citizens temporarily residing in NH."

K. Darien Freeheart

I've lived in a lot of states and none have made me retest. I know Virginia does though... It's the minority.

error

Quote from: Kevin Dean on August 06, 2008, 08:29 AM NHFT
I've lived in a lot of states and none have made me retest. I know Virginia does though... It's the minority.

So does Kansas.

Pat McCotter

In CT:

"A vision test will be administered prior to the issuance of the Connecticut license.  The knowledge and road tests may be waived at the discretion of the Sergeant. "

margomaps

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 06, 2008, 04:15 AM NHFT
No testing for transfers.

Also, driver training is only required for under 18 and "certain non-US citizens temporarily residing in NH."

Is there also a re-testing requirement for seniors over a certain age?  When I was at the DMV recently there were quite a few old folks, and many of them were grumbling about some notice they received indicating they needed to be re-tested.

PowerPenguin

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 06, 2008, 03:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: PowerPenguin on August 06, 2008, 02:44 AM NHFT

Re-test? Just to transfer your license? I didn't have to do that.

Damn NH IS better than CA! What about mandatory smog checks?

Pat McCotter

Quote from: PowerPenguin on August 06, 2008, 11:06 PM NHFT

Damn NH IS better than CA! What about mandatory smog checks?

OBD II checks only. Ths means 1996 and later vehicles are checked by their on-board diagnostic computers only. There are no tailpipe checks. This coincides with annual safety inspection.