• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Food Co-oping

Started by jaqeboy, June 20, 2008, 10:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

The meeting went well last Saturday with a couple of new people added to the organizers committee and new work roles taken on by everyone.

16 October, noon at AltOberfest in Londonderry: next co-op meeting. At this one, you'll be able to sign up as a charter member and place a first order. We'll lay it all out and you can jump in.

We'll give the answer to Kat's question: "Why would I want to do all this work to buy food when I can just go to Market Basket?"

jaqeboy

By the way, we tentatively chosen a name, pretty sure it will stick:

The Shire Co-op

Rusel, you started something there with that Shire thing :)

porcupine kate

Quote from: jaqeboy on October 05, 2010, 01:18 PM NHFT

16 October, noon at AltOberfest in Londonderry: next co-op meeting. At this one, you'll be able to sign up as a charter member and place a first order. We'll lay it all out and you can jump in.

We'll give the answer to Kat's question: "Why would I want to do all this work to buy food when I can just go to Market Basket?"

Will the information be available after the meeting for those who can't attend?

jaqeboy

Quote from: porcupine kate on October 07, 2010, 06:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on October 05, 2010, 01:18 PM NHFT

Will the information be available after the meeting for those who can't attend?

Sure. White is putting together a Facebook announcement page for the Shire Co-op, then there'll be a link to our temp. page at http://AltExpo.org/co-op, where all the meeting notes will be kept. Our own website will come later.

jaqeboy

Here's the new Facebook page for the Shire Co-op:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=152225991481591