• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Another new mover

Started by Mike Barskey, June 25, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I finally sold my house and will be moving to NH in 2 months. Yay for me!

I'm coming out July 18-27 to find a place to live. My goal is to find a place to rent so I can see what various parts of NH are like before I buy property. I think I'm going to spend the week in a motel or cheap B&B somewhere in the southern-central part of the state. From there, nowhere in southern NH is really too far to check out within a day. Does anyone have a spare car they'd like to rent to me? Any suggestions for a cheap place to stay (with high-speed internet)?

Also, I'd like to meet some of you. I know I missed a great opportunity (Porc Fest), but that's how it goes - I'll be there next year. I'm aware of Taproom Tuesdays and I know there are some weekly get-togethers in Keene. Could you please point me to where I can find locations and times of some of these gatherings?

Thanks! I really look forward to finally getting to NH!

- Mike

Puke

Congrats Mike!
I hope you have a good move.  8)

mackler

Quote from: Mike in CA on June 25, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
Could you please point me to where I can find locations and times of some of these gatherings?

Congratulations!

Try NH Liberty Calendar

Friday

Hurray!   :occasion16:

Here are my personal reviews of some cheap NH motels:

• Motel6 in Nashua - not the greatest, but centrally located on the major interstate; has WiFi
  • Motel6 in Portsmouth - quite nice; has WiFi
  • Comfort Inn in Manchester - very nice, includes free breakfast; has WiFi
  • Travelodge in Manchester - just say no; quite possibly the creepiest motel I've ever stayed in

Good ways to meet other Porcupines:
Merrimack Valley Porcupines - first Saturday of every month, at Murphy's Taproom in Manchester
Concord Porcupines - second Saturday of every month, at an all-you-can-eat buffet in Concord
Social Sunday - in Keene every Sunday
Taproom Tuesday - at Murphy's Taproom in Manchester every Tuesday
assorted BBQ's, parties, etc. - all over the state; post the exact dates you'll be here, and someone will clue you in  OK, duh, I just noticed that you already did that.  Well, you'll be here for Burning Porcupine...   :campfire: 

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Hi Mike, you should definitely come to
Burning Porc. ;D

porcupine kate

Check out porcmanor.com.  This is a web sight for freestaters who rent to freestaters.  They may have some short term rentals.

http://porcmanor.com/what_porc_manor

also check out the moving guide on the FSP web site.
http://freestateproject.org/moving_guide

Hope to see you soon.

Mike Barskey

Thanks, everyone. Thanks to the Liberty Calendar, I'll see y'all (or some of you) at Social Sunday and Taproom Tuesday. Also, thanks for the Burning Porc suggestion. I'll check it out, too - not sure which day. I presume it's an evening/night thing.

Porc Manor is a good idea. I created an account and posted a request there. I'd prefer staying with a Porc in July, but if nothing is available (as currently appears to be the case) then I'll check out the hotels you suggested, Friday.

I'll also check out the FSP's Moving Guide.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike in CA on June 26, 2008, 03:46 PM NHFTAlso, thanks for the Burning Porc suggestion. I'll check it out, too - not sure which day. I presume it's an evening/night thing.
Burning Porcupine is all day for some of us.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Mike in CA on June 25, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
...I think I'm going to spend the week in a motel or cheap B&B somewhere in the southern-central part of the state. From there, nowhere in southern NH is really too far to check out within a day. Does anyone have a spare car they'd like to rent to me? Any suggestions for a cheap place to stay (with high-speed internet)?...

Max usually always has space for travellers over on the Seacoast. His tel #: 603-264-5777

J’raxis 270145