• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Rides

Started by Russell Kanning, June 26, 2008, 06:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I and some other guys have knocked around the idea of helping people get around town. There has been talk of setting up a system for ridesharing and such. I also like the idea of bumping up the hitchhiker style of ridesharing. We could come up with door magnets that you could put on your car, when you can give rides.

I was wondering how the image of a hobbit thumbing a ride would look with some of our green Shire imagery would look.

jaqeboy

You might want to take advantage of the system already set up by eRideShare.com.  You can set up a group within eRideShare that ends up with its own domain name and can have its own geographic limitations, etc. You could set up a group called Hobbit Rides and end up with the domain name: hobbitrides.erideshare.com, for example.

Having your own group within the eRideShare system, culls out all the non-related offers and rides.

Hmm, sounds like another good category for the AltExpo catalog.

Russell Kanning

I have been thinking about that ... since it would cover the local rides, it would keep it out of their normal stuph.