• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine Recreation Area construction

Started by Russell Kanning, June 26, 2008, 01:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I guess we can start here where we left off with our 1st Burning Porcupine Work Party Weekend.
I need to give out some Shire Hours to those that worked last weekend.

We are starting to have some volunteers for this weekend and next weekend, besides the normal Grafton Gang.

Here are some of the things I know we need done:
Fix leak from shower to drain
New bottom tray for shower or new shower stall
Install water heater
pipe from heater to kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and shower
fix drain in kitchen sink
new kitchen faucet
rock wall at amphitheater
grass or rocks for mud pit we made at burning porcupine altar

any other ideas?

I will not be there this weekend. We have some guys that want to work. I don't know when I will next get up there to reek havoc.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 26, 2008, 01:17 PM NHFT

I wouldn't call this a leak.  There's no drain on the shower.  Water goes straight to basement floor.

Pat K

Well that is messy but it is hard to clog up
a drain like that.  ;D

Russell Kanning

everything is more extreme at the Porcupine Recreation Area

firecracker joe

so you need kitchen fuacet? I think i have one just want to make sure i dont bring all my old useless to no one junk  but i believe i have 1 or 2 faucets but i am no plumber  will you guys be their this weekend?

Russell Kanning

firecracker joe

TresJay

The fields have been mowed, raked, tedded, and baled.

Thanks to Bald Eagle, Ivy League, Ofer, and Chris for sweating in the burning afternoon Sun while loading, hauling, and stacking the bales for the neighbor Bobby that donated the fuel and the equipment.  It should be nice green lawn again by the time BP kicks off.

TresJay

Pat K

;D 8) Thanks to you all folks.

I am a flat land suburbanite
so I don't know what tedded means but thanks for that too.

doobie

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 26, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 26, 2008, 01:17 PM NHFT

I wouldn't call this a leak.  There's no drain on the shower.  Water goes straight to basement floor.

It is efficiency.  It allows two people two shower at once.  Just make sure the person upstairs doesn't pee in the shower.

TresJay

Quote from: Pat K on July 06, 2008, 04:49 PM NHFT
I don't know what tedded means but thanks for that too.

It's a fancy rake.

Tedding is spreading the hay out, raking gathers it up.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: TresJay on July 06, 2008, 04:38 PM NHFT
The fields have been mowed, raked, tedded, and baled.
So what do you do with the bales?
So how does the place look after all you guy's work?

TresJay

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 06, 2008, 07:30 PM NHFT
So what do you do with the bales?

They're being stored in Bobby's barn.  Silent Bob will have access to them if he acquires hay burners over the winter, else Bobby will turn them into hamburger.  I don't know if your real question has to do with me calling it a donation if Bobby got the hay.  Bobby did provide a service to BP because 1) The alternative would be to leave the cut grass on the fields which would eventually rot back into the field but not before BP, and 2) He did it on our time table for best results before the 14th, and 3) he has enough hay for his own needs without improving the site for porcs, and 4) Silent Bob doesn't have anywhere to store it himself.   If that wasn't your point, then [emily latella] never mind.[/emily]

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 06, 2008, 07:30 PM NHFT
So how does the place look after all you guy's work?

Right now, it is stubbly and dead looking, but it will look lush and green in a week.  No promises yet if the lowland will be mowed in time, or what that will look like.  We'll see.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

excellent .... smithers wipe my brow ... hearing about others working makes me tired