• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bru ha ha over N. Hampton ZBA member who refuses to stand for Flag Pledge

Started by freedominnh, June 26, 2008, 06:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Here's the way I see it:  I'd like to preface my view with that fact that IF I'm a constitutionalist, I'm a Gardner Goldsmith Constitutionalist.  As he likes to say on his show:"I don't think the constitution went far enough". 

As far as pledges are concerned, and DAILY pledges at that, IF there is to be ANY pledge foisted upon Americans, it should be a constitution.

Since the constitution is mainly a constraint on the FEDS and not on me, I would, in my earlier years, have been much more amenable towards a pledge to the US constitution.  Heck all government people out there should put their hands over their hearts and pledge to that document every single day, then maybe they'd actually read the thing and we wouldn't have to bludgeon them with it to get back most of the liberties that we're trying to get. 

'I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America and to the freedom that it protects. Establishing one government subject to the States and the People, with liberty and justice for all."

Now that's a better pledge, though you'd never see government people doing THAT pledge.  The fact that regular citizens should have to do a pledge to a flag that can be waved around by whomever happens to be holding it proves that it's a control mechanism used to illicit blind loyalty.  I hope to get some of the christian constitutionalists to recognize this.....some of them LOVE the pledge..  Heck Mark at FTL loves the pledge too.  *sigh*

John Edward Mercier

I see lots of people stand for the 'Pledge' out of respect for protocol...
But a coerced pledge is really no pledge at all. Its like taking an oath you don't intend to honor.