• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Potential Porc Manor in Keene area

Started by dalebert, June 27, 2008, 09:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

First off, can anyone provide crash space Sunday night in Keene? I wanted to ask up front in case someone doesn't read the entire message.

Nick is showing me a 3 unit property in Keene. I'm renting a room in Keene starting a month from now just to try out the experience. I had an excellent opportunity to house sit with cheap rent in a friend's new home in the Seacoast area, but have decided the area is a bit more expensive than I care for and the porcs here, while really cool, are largely family types with kids. Not the greatest social opportunity. Most of the Keeniacs are younger than me, but they seem around my psychological age considering that I'm not married and likely never will be, nor will I likely have kids. I'm very slow with the big important decisions like buying property but I've thought it through and decided that buying rental property in Keene is not a bad idea even if I move back to the tri-city area. There is a market demand, and it's not that far just for mgmt purposes especially considering there are Keeniacs I can hire to do an occasional fix or renovation and what-not. The only big reluctance is deciding how soon I should buy since I expect the market to continue to fall. I've decided I'll consider properties earlier if they're a really good deal and this place I'm looking at might be, particularly if they're open to some negotiation.

So Nick is arranging a showing for either Sunday or Monday and Monday seems a little more likely. It's a 2 hour drive and lots of gas so I'd like to go down for Social Sunday and to see that libertarian band and spend the night before viewing the property on Monday. Even if Nick manages to arrange a Sunday viewing, I'd rather not have a 2 hour drive at the end of the day. I'd rather be able to crash there and drive back Monday, maybe even go see a movie with the Keeniacs or something.

Russell Kanning

I think Keene crash space is going to have to start costing you Dale. You might have set the record for most times changing your mind where you are going to live. :)
On second thought ... us Keeniacs will welcome you back to the fold. You can buy a place here and then we will run it for you when you move to Portsmouth in a year. ;)

Kat Kanning

Translation:  sure you can crash on our couch, Dale!  :D

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 27, 2008, 09:13 AM NHFT
I think Keene crash space is going to have to start costing you Dale. You might have set the record for most times changing your mind where you are going to live. :)

Keep it in context though. I never decided to live in the Seacoast region. I chose to try it out for a while. That's how it's been ever since I got here. I've only been renting rooms so far. And that might not have happened if the opportunity for a place to stay hadn't emerged at just the time when it did. I might have tried out Keene for a while and then decided to try the Seacoast for a little while. Most of what I own will still fit in a car. I've purposely avoided buying anything cumbersome so I could remain somewhat mobile. I still haven't picked where I'm settling down.

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

It's best you are coming to Keene last.  Now that you've seen so many other places, you likely won't want to go anywhere else.   8)

It's a beautiful, comfortable place to live and definitely has the coolest activists!

K. Darien Freeheart

FTL_Ian

With Dale & Sam moving here, Keene will continue to be the liberty media hub of NH, if not the world.

Free Minds TV, Free Talk Live, New Hampshire Free Press, and soon Obscured Truth Network and Anarchy in Your Head!

Puke

Pat K

Puke

dalebert

There is a minor Mexican food crisis in Keene right now. Armadillos kind of sux and the other place is evil for supporting the smoking ban.

Pat K

Puke

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on June 27, 2008, 04:57 PM NHFT
There is a minor Mexican food crisis in Keene right now. Armadillos kind of sux and the other place is evil for supporting the smoking ban.
the best one is over by Colony Mill ... I forget the name.