• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Boycott Michele's Restaurant in Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, June 29, 2008, 10:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

While we were at the music festival at Railroad Square in Keene the other night, the cops showed up to hassle some guy who was just standing there listening.  Apparently what happened was he was standing beside the restaurant "Michelle's" on Main Street.  They didn't like him standing there, so instead of asking him to move, they called the police!  What a bunch of jerks.  >:(

Russell Kanning

very true ... not a good sign when you go straight to the gun and "papers please"

K. Darien Freeheart

Reposted over at the Free Keene forum, too. :)

Mike Barskey

I'm all for boycotting jerks like this (and I'll boycott them as soon as I move there! :)), but I'm wondering if someone has communicated to Michelle's that the boycott is happening and why. If not, we'd be guilty of the same lack of communication as them (although we would not be resorting to the force of government).

Russell Kanning

we could .... I also think their name is with one l

Kat Kanning

Russel is very sensitive to the addition or deletion of l's in people's names.

error

Russell Kanning

It sure is possible. If he hadn't had the right ID to show them, he might have lost his liberty.

freedominnh

Sounds vaguely Manchvegas cop duh ("you can't stand on public sidewalks with a sign (t-shirts=signs(Bushwhacky)) you got to keep moving along")) reminiscent of District Court(out of uniform cop on the bike) and Valley St Jail ....sounds like it is time to do Alice's Restaurant remake.... 

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: freedominnh on July 04, 2008, 09:35 AM NHFT
....sounds like it is time to do Alice's Restaurant remake.... 

As a former Haight-Ashbury hippie, that sounds good to me!  Better yet, check out some of Arlo Guthrie's alternate versions of the song, particularly "The Multi-colored Rainbow Roach."

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: zaphar on July 30, 2008, 11:35 PM NHFT
Should we start a blacklist of local area businesses that voluntarily use the force/violence of government in situations where a peaceful measure could have been used.

I think that's an awesome idea.

Russell Kanning

MaineShark

Of course, there should be some way they can get themselves off the blacklist.  Promise not to do so again, and apologize to the victim.  For a first offense, anyway, it should not be too onerous to get off the list.

Joe

BillKauffman

Quote from: freedominnh on July 04, 2008, 09:35 AM NHFT
"you can't stand on public sidewalks with a sign (t-shirts=signs(Bushwhacky)) you got to keep moving along"

The reason why is so that you don't infringe on anyone else's individual equal right to use the sidewalk as they want. This unfortunately, like a lot of other laws (i.e., probably cause), is typically subjectively applied.

AnarchoJesse

I would say that a time limit for the boycott would be a better way to go about it. 3 months first time, 6 months second time, and when-ever-the-fuck-we-feel-like-it for a third "offense".