• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

MVP Meetup

Started by supperman15, July 02, 2008, 09:30 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

This months meeting is on the 5th at Murphy's taproom.  Everyone starts gathering about 11, and we kick of the meeting about 11:30.  This month i believe we may be meeting some of out candidates from the local area. hope to see you there!

Friday

Large turnout at today's MVP meeting: around 40 people.  Three new movers, two new friendly natives.  Lots and lots of people running for office and making speeches; Russell would have hated it.   >:D

doobie

Carp... I forgot!   :'( 

error

Yeah, I missed it too. Good thing nothing important ever happens there. ;)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on August 02, 2008, 01:24 PM NHFT
Large turnout at today's MVP meeting: around 40 people.  Three new movers, two new friendly natives.  Lots and lots of people running for office and making speeches; Russell would have hated it.   >:D
there is a reason why Kat and I don't show up for these anymore
I was just musing that even this thread title has been altered by Ron Paul "Meetup" mania.
Last year Ron Paul was going to save us. After Ron Paul gave up then the cry for some was, "all we need is to get a bunch of good guys elected to the statehouse".

When everyone knows that "all ya need is love." ;D

error

You would probably like Taproom Tuesday more. Lots of us don't talk politics there. :) (Though some do.)

Russell Kanning

yea ... I am sure ... but I am never in Manchester in the evening. I like hanging out with people, but don't want it to look like I hang out with polititians ... I have a certain rep to maintain ;)

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 02, 2008, 08:26 PM NHFT
yea ... I am sure ... but I am never in Manchester in the evening. I like hanging out with people, but don't want it to look like I hang out with polititians ... I have a certain rep to maintain ;)

I can see the headline now: "Russell Kanning seen having friendly conversation with bureaucrat!"

Friday

Quote from: error on August 02, 2008, 04:47 PM NHFT
Yeah, I missed it too. Good thing nothing important ever happens there. ;)
Um, yeah... I guess if you don't consider seeing and catching up with friends important, and hearing about interesting Porcupine events (such as the free plays in Nashua this weekend), and opportunities (such as the geodesic dome for rent). 

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 02, 2008, 08:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on August 02, 2008, 01:24 PM NHFT
there is a reason why Kat and I don't show up for these anymore

Too bad the political talk has scared you away from the largest and longest-running regular gathering of Free Staters in New Hampshire.

Personally, I used the opportunity to catch up with Mrs. toowm (who had the whole crue hard at work on their homeschooling homework right there in the bar), and to ask Razzleberry Beth to catsit for me again.  Amazing all the things you can do that have nothing to do with politics.   :)

dalebert

I'm about as apolitical as they get and I still enjoy the meetups. I'm learning to tune out the political planning. You have to if you want to keep your sanity. :) But then sometimes there are freedom activities and there is always some pleasant socializing.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on August 03, 2008, 10:54 AM NHFT
Too bad the political talk has scared you away from the largest and longest-running regular gathering of Free Staters in New Hampshire.
I love catching up with friends.
But the combination of the meeting being in another city and mostly politics talked about ... has pushed it off our schedule.
It has nothing to do with our friends that still attend.
I still go to the meeting in Keene. If someone is interested in politics, I usually don't have much to say.

The Republican Party also has well attended meetings, in every city, that some of my friends go to ... but I don't go to those either.

Some of my friends make pilgrimages to Wash. DC for Ron Paul stuff ... bit I am not interested.

Stuff happens

error

I might challenge your claim on the "largest" regular gathering... ;)

J’raxis 270145

I missed it too. Was still recovering from two days of moving heavy furniture and equipment around.

Heh, from the number of posts, it looks like not only was it one of the largest turnouts, but it may've had the most people miss it, too.

Dave Ridley

how come this isnt appearing on the calendar anymore