• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire License Plates

Started by FTL_Ian, July 02, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Puke on July 03, 2008, 06:55 PM NHFT
Here is my go at it.

It's cool... but there's no way the cops are failing to notice that.

FTL_Ian

The cops are going to notice either way.  They cannot be confused by an expired state gov tag this way though.

Ideally, it would become a sign to them that they are dealing with an activist, and they'd be best off leaving us be if we aren't putting anyone in danger.

sandm000

sandm000

sandm000

sandm000

I think I'm done for now.
Please offer up any alterations you'd like to see.
Or suggestions, if you don't have Photoshop, I'll see what I can do.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: sandm000 on July 03, 2008, 05:26 PM NHFT

My favorite, except I like "DONT TREAD ON ME" as the slogan.

I think making it look as much like a "real" license as possible is a good idea, so it will, in most situations, go unnoticed. But that doesn't mean everyone has to have unique numbers on their plate. Maybe a bunch of people can get RSL·KNNG or LRA·CNRO...

As for the expiration date, I'd suggest just leaving it off, rather than putting a "?" there—in New Hampshire, they're stickers anyway, not part of the plate, like in some states.

J’raxis 270145

I was looking around their website, and you could also have generic looking (i.e., stateless) license plates made using one of these templates. It'll take up to four characters (it's meant to put the "year built" on the plate), for example:—

Friday

Quote from: sandm000 on July 03, 2008, 11:18 PM NHFT

If someone produces this in cycle size, I will pay in cashy money for one.   :icon_motor:  :icon_pirat:

sandm000

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on July 04, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT

I think making it look as much like a "real" license as possible is a good idea, so it will, in most situations, go unnoticed. But that doesn't mean everyone has to have unique numbers on their plate. Maybe a bunch of people can get RSL·KNNG or LRA·CNRO...

As for the expiration date, I'd suggest just leaving it off, rather than putting a "?" there—in New Hampshire, they're stickers anyway, not part of the plate, like in some states.

Lloyd Danforth

Those are all very nice.  Now we just need to start jailing some bureaucrats to stamp them out for us.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: sandm000 on July 04, 2008, 05:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on July 04, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT

Cool, although perhaps a tighter font (e.g., Arial Narrow), so it doesn't get so close to the screws, and the original slogan was actually missing the apostrophe.

Russell Kanning

I like the pretty picture ones. We could have a variety. They all say Shire on the top or bottom ... but then they are different. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on July 04, 2008, 02:39 AM NHFT
If someone produces this in cycle size, I will pay in cashy money for one.   :icon_motor:  :icon_pirat:
I loved having full sized plates on my big quadcycle. I could put these plates on the sides, if we don't end up with small ones. :)

Puke

Since some folks thought my first attempt was too morbid, I thought I'd make a proper death themed plate.  ;D