• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire License Plates

Started by FTL_Ian, July 02, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sandm000

Thank Zeus that someone explained that one to me.
Frakking frakkers.  Why don't you go outside and play hide and go frak yourself?

Pat K

Quote from: sandm000 on July 06, 2008, 08:50 AM NHFT
Thank Zeus that someone explained that one to me.
Frakking frakkers.  Why don't you go outside and play hide and go frak yourself?

;D

Coconut

In my opinion, shire plates must be linked to some sort of database that "road authorities" can confirm your name/address etc if it wants to have any sort of legitimacy.

Kat Kanning

Coconut

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 10, 2008, 07:54 AM NHFT
Why be legitimate?

For the purpose of pre-empting anyone's claims that a private system allows unsafe drivers on the road. There is a clear market demand for safety on the roads, and the ability to recognize cars by their "numbers." If a SHIRE plate was seen as the getaway car in a bank robbery, there would be a market demand to be able to track that vehicle.

Showing that a private system does all that shows that the government who prosecutes these people as the violent monopolistic people they are.

Russell Kanning

it won't show it to the cops

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Coconut on July 09, 2008, 09:02 PM NHFT
In my opinion, shire plates must be linked to some sort of database that "road authorities" can confirm your name/address etc if it wants to have any sort of legitimacy.
how would the cops look up stuph in the database?
why would they bother?

Coconut

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2008, 12:03 PM NHFT
it won't show it to the cops
This is of course all my ideas, and I don't speak for anyone else interested in non-government driving

Not in their system, but if you had a website or phone database they could access, then they'd be able to see the information they seek. The information could be put behind a password that is only given out to officers at the vehicle owner's discretion so they can look at the information they want. Say somone saw a Shire plate in a hit and run. They would call the police station of course, but when the police learn it's a Shire plate, they would likely have a contact with us in order to call and get access to the database.

The phone number or website address would be on the plate most likely. And like I said, if the government was interested in safety and protection, they would be interested in gaining access to the database in the case of crimes or injustices. They also have less ground to stand on when saying "Well you're not registered, so I have no idea who you are."

Russell Kanning

that is kinda funny .... they could look up and see who I am

I realized I have room for a full sized plate on my bike and the van .... so I could go for 2 with pretty Shire scenery. :)

sandm000

I just got a dye sublimation printer (the kind that prints on vinyl blanks). The dye cartridge however is ~$400.  And with Ian having trouble getting 10 people to switch over to the non-state plates, I don't know if it would be a good idea to invest. 

I could do Shire Licenses as well.

Any interest, ideas?

les nessman

When the "law" prepares for a traffic stop, they run the plates through a nationwide computer
database and the plate would probably come up simply "NOT ON FILE", which happens
occasionally to even so called "valid" government issued plates, especially when traveling
out of state.  No bureaucracy is efficient, and sometimes they even leave some loopholes. :)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: sandm000 on July 11, 2008, 11:07 AM NHFT
I just got a dye sublimation printer (the kind that prints on vinyl blanks). The dye cartridge however is ~$400.  And with Ian having trouble getting 10 people to switch over to the non-state plates, I don't know if it would be a good idea to invest. 

Any interest, ideas?

Can it emboss?  The website I found can do that and full color laser engraving.

Coconut

Quote from: les nessman on July 11, 2008, 01:20 PM NHFT
   When the "law" prepares for a traffic stop, they run the plates through a nationwide computer
database and the plate would probably come up simply "NOT ON FILE", which happens
occasionally to even so called "valid" government issued plates, especially when traveling
out of state.  No bureaucracy is efficient, and sometimes they even leave some loopholes. :)

I'm not sure what you are getting at. You're saying that the government system is never 100% correct, and I think everyone here already knows that. I'm not sure if you have had many encounters with police, but they don't like not knowing who you are. Even if you're on the street not driving, if they have any reason to talk to you, the first question is almost always "Do you have any ID on you?"

A Shire database at least gives the private system more legitimacy than some Joe that prints himself a registration sticker from his computer.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: sandm000 on July 11, 2008, 11:07 AM NHFT

Any interest, ideas?
It might make sense to make the plates one at a time. We could have the same name at the top or bottom and other things could be different. :)
I could use a plate for my bike (regular size), just to start letting the cops get used to the idea. I don't know how many other people need ones though.

cynthia

The infinity symbol is brilliant.

How about a holographic style, where it appears to do different things at different angles.

Or, an emperor's clothes type of plate, where there is really nothing on it, except you can try to convince the sow that pulled you over that you must be at a certain intelligence to see it.

(These are not practical ideas, but I don't believe that cars should have to display ANY identification. It's absurd.)