• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire License Plates

Started by FTL_Ian, July 02, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Now that I have another car, I can move ahead with this project.  However, after reviewing this thread, I am still quite undecided on how to approach this.

Should it have identifying letters/digits, or not? There are good points made on both sides.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: JJ on July 03, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT
I think that perhaps there should be no license ID number on the plate.  The Shire does not need to tag and catalog the travelers.  Maybe just a nice picture with "Shire" and "free to travel" or "Civil Disobedience". 

Not only would you not be partaking in the system but you are also sending a message to the other travelers on the road.  If you make the message a little more clear they might be more receptive to it. 

I'm leaning towards this viewpoint....

FTL_Ian

However something like this could really confuse some bureaucrats:

It could say "Keene" at the top, "Shire" at the bottom, and have whatever numbers/letters in the middle...  tough decision.  Anyone else have thoughts on whether these should appear legit, as though they are actually from the Shire, or be more of a message plate as JJ suggests?

Also, is it "The Shire" or just "Shire"?

FTL_Ian

Or maybe it should be "The" at the top and "Shire" at the bottom...

SamIam

I'm with Mark on the numbers. I think there is a very real need to be able to identify a car leaving the scene of an accident or intentional act where property was damaged or people were injured.

I also think it needs to contain the word "Private"

FTL_Ian

For a unique number, perhaps a phone number?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: SamIam on October 29, 2008, 03:47 PM NHFT
I'm with Mark on the numbers. I think there is a very real need to be able to identify a car leaving the scene of an accident or intentional act where property was damaged or people were injured.

Good point, but there's no way to guarantee someone else won't take out the same number.  So any numbering just amounts to good intentions.

FTL_Ian

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 29, 2008, 03:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: JJ on July 03, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT
I think that perhaps there should be no license ID number on the plate.  The Shire does not need to tag and catalog the travelers.  Maybe just a nice picture with "Shire" and "free to travel" or "Civil Disobedience". 

Not only would you not be partaking in the system but you are also sending a message to the other travelers on the road.  If you make the message a little more clear they might be more receptive to it.

I'm leaning towards this viewpoint....

I like this idea, too. Even if a plate isn't a State-issued plate, if it has a unique ID on it, it's still aiding the bastards in tracking you. If half a dozen people get "SHIRE" plates, on the other hand...

FTL_Ian

I don't care if they know where I am.  They already do.  I care they leave me alone.

sandm000

If you want them to leave you alone, make the plate look like everybody else's.

Are there any statistics concerning how many time out-of-state drivers are pulled over than in state?

But if you were to put anything in the center, I would be juvenile about it "80085"

bigmike

i came across this site http://www.embassyofheaven.com/ and spent a few days reading most of it.

it gives a good perspective on right to travel from a christian point of view and the embassy itself creates their own privately-issued id cards, birth certificates, driver licenses, passports and license plates. they also have a verifiable database.

one thing i noticed in reading testimonials from embassy members' experiences is the police usually removed the license plates from the vehicle after arrest. the shire plate idea is great, but order duplicates.

the embassy provides an excellent template for private id. if you consider yourself christian there are excellent sources of scripture that you could use to defend your right to travel. 

Russell Kanning

I like all the ideas ... even the ones that conflict with each other ;)

If I had a Shire license plate, I would go with very similar to US state plates and no numbers, but maybe a cute phrase.

I would say that the plate would say "Shire" somewhere.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: SamIam on October 29, 2008, 03:47 PM NHFT

I also think it needs to contain the word "Private"

I've thought for a long time that the present state by state auto registration system could be replaced by a numberplate riveted onto the car at manufacture that transfers from owner to owner. A database could be established to keep track of the transfers so the owner can be identified.
Not the plateless situation we, probably, all want, but, an inexpensive alternative to the present systems.

William

Start with SVRGN-00 and work up to SVRGN-99. You'll have quite the movement if you get that far.