• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire License Plates

Started by FTL_Ian, July 02, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 01, 2008, 06:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: SamIam on October 29, 2008, 03:47 PM NHFT
I'm with Mark on the numbers. I think there is a very real need to be able to identify a car leaving the scene of an accident or intentional act where property was damaged or people were injured.

I also think it needs to contain the word "Private"

I've thought for a long time that the present state by state auto registration system could be replaced by a numberplate riveted onto the car at manufacture that transfers from owner to owner. A database could be established to keep track of the transfers so the owner can be identified.
Not the plateless situation we, probably, all want, but, an inexpensive alternative to the present systems.

VIN number?

Lumpy

Forgive my chiming in here a bit late, but I support this idea, am highly interested, and I'm against tracking against my will (by government).  I wouldn't mind seeing a blank plate with no numbers on it.  Maybe it can read "allodial" or something, denoting that the government doesn't have a partial share or co-ownership as the registration process is really all about (registering the vehicle gives the government co-ownership quite literally; another excuse to extort from, and govern you/us).
If we are prepared to join in this dis as a group, then we have a better chance of making the house of cards (govt) be better understood for what it truly is.

Badnarik on property rights: (Best from 4:30 on)
<<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKFNnpqHrEA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKFNnpqHrEA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wiki on allodial:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allodial

SamIam

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 02, 2008, 11:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 01, 2008, 06:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: SamIam on October 29, 2008, 03:47 PM NHFT
I'm with Mark on the numbers. I think there is a very real need to be able to identify a car leaving the scene of an accident or intentional act where property was damaged or people were injured.

I also think it needs to contain the word "Private"

I've thought for a long time that the present state by state auto registration system could be replaced by a numberplate riveted onto the car at manufacture that transfers from owner to owner. A database could be established to keep track of the transfers so the owner can be identified.
Not the plateless situation we, probably, all want, but, an inexpensive alternative to the present systems.

VIN number?

VIN Number has the magic word "Vehicle" in it, which is subject to licensing. The best example I"ve heard so far is a guy in NC who corrected the cops/courts every time they called it a vehicle. He corrects their claim and informs them it's a private automobile. That's for NC, but NH may be different. To beat the system this way, it requires a lot of time reading the laws, but I've come across a number of cases that win with this approach. (Until they sometimes change the rules)

bigmike

VIN Number has the magic word "Vehicle" in it, which is subject to licensing. The best example I"ve heard so far is a guy in NC who corrected the cops/courts every time they called it a vehicle. He corrects their claim and informs them it's a private automobile. That's for NC, but NH may be different. To beat the system this way, it requires a lot of time reading the laws, but I've come across a number of cases that win with this approach. (Until they sometimes change the rules)
[/quote]

sam, could you post the cases?

i keep debunking the "right to travel" arguments and am looking for caselaw that is original and recent.

Quote from: Lumpy on November 03, 2008, 09:02 AM NHFT
I'm against tracking against my will (by government).
I came across an interesting NH law, RSA 236:130 which says that neither the state nor any subdivision (town, county) can use video or any other means to record the identity of anyone coming and going (with exceptions though). The idea of automatically recording speeding comes up now and then, the eztags allow that, and are used for that, though not, that I know of, for issuing tickets. Historically I remember hearing rumors in other states of getting off a tollway and being handed a ticket for speeding instead of a receipt, but I suspect that it's just an urban legend. Some of the EZtag systems work up to 200 mph, and have recorded speeds of upwards of 160 mph in normal operations.

Pat McCotter

RSA 236:130 II(e) is the EZ-Pass exception.

Tis was added in 2007 with SB41. That bill also added RSA 261:75-a that allows cops to do a plate check whether or not they think a crime was committed. I e-mailed the sponsor of the bill trying to get him to rethink that. I didn't change his mind on that but did get him to add RSA 261:75-b that prohibits automatic plate scanning devices.

Also read Bruce Schneier's OpEd on plate scanning.

Lumpy

The moment the come off the presses, I want one.  Actually, I want four of them.  Two for the cars, one for the travel trailer and one for the garden trailer.
We just registered our private automobiles and travel trailers in LLC's that are out of state.  The Travel Trailer plate is a permanent plate.  We should have signed the registrations "without prejudice UCC 1-207" but we signed them "all rights reserved" at least.
Years ago in Nashua I got pulled over for squat, they ran my plates, found I didn't have my head and eyes forward and was not bowing to their extortion clouts, so they pulled me over and wrecked my day.  The words "never again" apply to me.

FTL_Ian

The UCC code number changed anyway.  All rights reserved makes more sense to me.

Lumpy

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 13, 2008, 08:03 PM NHFT
The UCC code number changed anyway.  All rights reserved makes more sense to me.
Ditto

J’raxis 270145

"All rights reserved" is nice and generic, and could be argued, when needed, to apply to the UCC theory (which I think is unsubstantiated, anyway) or any other attempt by the State to infringe upon your rights seemingly with your consent. It's simple, and forthright: You're refusing to abrogate whatever rights they may be trying to get you to implicitly or unknowingly sign away by signing the form.

I've gotten in the habit of using this on any forms dealing with the State or State-affiliated entities, e.g., banks.

Lumpy

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 14, 2008, 06:37 PM NHFT

"All rights reserved" is nice and generic, and could be argued, when needed, to apply to the UCC theory (which I think is unsubstantiated, anyway) or any other attempt by the State to infringe upon your rights seemingly with your consent. It's simple, and forthright: You're refusing to abrogate whatever rights they may be trying to get you to implicitly or unknowingly sign away by signing the form.

I've gotten in the habit of using this on any forms dealing with the State or State-affiliated entities, e.g., banks.
We're reading "Sovereign Covenant, Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207" by William Dixon.  It's really weird getting going in the thing.  It's one of those books that I read at bed time that I could either choose to read manically until I never sleep again, or just decide to pass out into it.  It's freakin' weird.  I hope it gets better as I drag myself to it again tonight to see if I can take another page of odd analogies.

Lumpy

Say, are these things near ready for purchase yet?  I'm ready to buy at least two but maybe four of them.
Also (this may be best to do the moment we can get these printed out) I think we ought to have a parade of Shire plate driving people in their private automobiles, cruising through Main Street, or maybe even through a checkpoint of some kind.
That may be best discussed, when appropriate, in a new thread.  I'm ready to do this.  This excites the hell out of me.  When oh when???  Let's roll!  :icon_motor:

FTL_Ian

I never heard back from licenseplates.tv, so I sent another email. 

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Lumpy on December 22, 2008, 02:36 PM NHFT
  I'm ready to do this.  This excites the hell out of me.  When oh when???  Let's roll!  :icon_motor:

If you can't wait, souvenir plates are available.  I used this one for a year or so.  Hopefully you will be more successful than me with it.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 22, 2008, 03:56 PM NHFT
I never heard back from licenseplates.tv, so I sent another email. 

They responded quickly this time saying $75 per plate.  I'm checking to see if they'll send me a proof graphic prior to press for final approval.