• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire License Plates

Started by FTL_Ian, July 02, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Lumpy

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 05, 2009, 06:19 AM NHFT
I got a plate from the website and it looks really professional but they screwed up the number.  Pic attached.  They're making and shipping me the correct version - so I have an extra.  Do you want it, Lumpy? 
HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!

Pick it up at social Sunday?

FTL_Ian

Sure.  I'll make a note to bring it.

Lumpy

Coconut

I still don't understand wanting your phone number on your car.

Lumpy

Quote from: Coconut on February 01, 2009, 12:58 PM NHFT

I second that but it sure could be interesting if the cop calls him while he's inside the car because he doesn't have to open his window for him or sometihng.  :)  I'm imagining the reasons and some of them I like...  the DJ stalker chicks might run up the cell bill though.

THANKS IAN!!!  I plan on civil dissing with the plates...  is "civil dissing" dissing or what is it? :P

AntonLee

K. Darien Freeheart

I suspect Ian would have it go to an FTL Call-In Line. :D

FTL_Ian

It's a unique identifying number.  What's not to understand about that?

dalebert

I've seen bumper stickers that say "Don't like my driving? Call 1-800-EAT-SHIT"

Roycerson

Advertising for your black market business.

Lumpy

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on February 02, 2009, 06:22 AM NHFT

It's a unique identifying number.  What's not to understand about that?
Not a dang thang.  It might also help in your old age when you fall asleep at a red light.  The person behind you can call you and if your hearing is decent enough, you can hear the ringer and talk to them for a while.  Maybe you will make a new friend.   ;)

Lumpy

Okay, maybe I should start a new thread for this but I think that spring is a good time to get "together" and address this topic publicly, as a group.
Not that I don't want to be the only one doing it but I think the statement will be far stronger when we are doing this as a group.
Here is what I see.  A press release saying that some time in the spring a pile of people will be driving through central square and up and down Main St Keene (parade perhaps?) with no gov't identification, marking on their private automobiles, no permission asked of any supposed authority telling us that we can travel or not, wearing or not wearing seat belts, talking or not talking on cell phones, flying "Free Mike Barskey" flags, packing heat or not packing heat, or whatever.  Call me the freakin' organizer if you want. I absolutely hate that some supposed self appointed entity inhibits my comings and goings.  I'm going to use the plate Ian gave me and I'm not giving up my private traveling device, and they can try to arrest me but I won't let it happen (yeah, try me).  I'm going to be prepared as I know in my heart of hearts that they have no right to do so.  Not that I'm going to be violent or anything like that.  Words are far more powerful, and especially the way they are said, to cops and others who imagine they have power over others.  If I don't sell my Benz by then, I might just drive it.
Emotions aside, I'd like to know if you guys think a lot of folks will be interested in simply traveling down Main St in Keene and doing a "parade" or more reply, you are the ones I want to hear from.  Do you feel this will make an impact?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Tear my ass-offs? 

FTL_Ian

I'd say an idea that good deserves its own thread.

Mike Barskey

It sounds like a good - and fun - idea. In fact, why don't we make it an actual parade, with a theme that the public might want to see. I don't mean that we make floats and hire marching bands (although if a marching band wanted to volunteer to perform... :) ), but I mean maybe advertise it as "Keene-is-the-Most-Free-City-in-NH-Parade" and have it during the lunch hour so people might take 15 minutes off work to watch. It would be good to have the public around to witness the cops trying to hassle and arrest and cite people freely traveling and trying to spread the word that "Keene is Most Free City."