• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Movie "Singing Revolution" about Estonian freedom movement

Started by Porcupine Realtor, November 10, 2007, 07:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupine Realtor

The folks at Reason Foundation are helping promote a movie about the peaceful revolution in Estonia as they fought against Soviet domination in the 80s.  It looks like "our" kind of flick.  By visiting their website we can request that the movie be shown in our area.

"A wonderful film... [it] will unquestionably have the effect of strengthening the belief in freedom on the part of anybody who watches it." Milton Friedman, Nobel Laureate

If you haven't heard of the Singing Revolution, I would like to invite you to view its trailer which is posted at www.singingrevolution.com or on reason.tv.  The trailer previews an amazing film which documents Estonia's fight for freedom against years of Soviet occupation utilizing hundreds of thousands in song. 

In order to bring the film to your area, you need to mobilize the grassroots by encouraging as many people as possible to sign onto their website stating that they would like to see the film visit their area; that link can be found below the trailer.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Tom Sawyer

Just signed up for their e-mail list... and to maybe bring the film to a theater near me to see.

MattLeft

"which documents Estonia's fight for freedom against years of Soviet occupation utilizing hundreds of thousands in song. "

What's worse than a Soviet military occupation?  A Soviet occupation using hundreds of thousands of singing people!

Tom Sawyer

Just got this notice via E-mail

I think this is a very significant event that the NHunderground and FSP should jump onto. A great chance to show folks that we can change things nonviolently.

Unfortunately we are headed out of the region and can't make it dang it.

=============================================
Opens, Friday, August 8th - 14th
at Red River Theatres, Stoneyfield Farm Culture Cinema, Concord, NH!

THIS IS OUR REMINDER TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE SINGING REVOLUTION PLAYS THIS FRIDAY THROUGH NEXT THURSDAY AT RED RIVER THEATRES, STONEYFIELD FARM CULTURE CINEMA, CONCORD, NH!

Please help spread the word about the film opening this Friday; it is truly how we've gotten this far.  Thank you!

SHOW TIMES:

Friday, 8/8:  6:00pm

Saturday, 8/9 & Sunday, 8/10:   1:30pm & 6:00pm

Monday, 8/11:  7:00pm*

*Reception & discussion at 6:15pm prior to Monday night's screening - Sponsord by the World Affairs Council of NH.  Discussion will be led by Stephen Ambra, Director - NHTI Library & Arja Cilluffo, Estonia's Honoray Counsul for New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Tuesday, 8/12:  2:15pm & 6:00pm

Wednesday, 8/13 - Thursday, 8/14:  6:00pm

To purchase tickets and for further information, the theater website is:  http://www.redrivertheatres.org/ 

To view the film trailer go to:  www.singingrevolution.com 

Tom Sawyer

Could someone please post this to the calender...
And help spread the word via FSP, NHLA etc. boards.

I am in a mad dash to get things together to be out of the region for a while.

Our power was out for several hours and I think I'm going to be up most of the night getting last minute stuff taken care of.

Thanks,
Roger

Kat Kanning

Dang, just now saw Roger's post.  I've wanted to see this movie.

Russell Kanning

man ... we were in concord this morning ... I guess we will be watching the DVD

Russell Kanning

I think we could squeeze in the Monday night viewing. Anyone want to join us?

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for posting to the Calender Kat...
Wish I could have been there to see it. Hope ya'll can make it.

Havin' fun with family in the Heart o' Dixie.

Surprise visit for my Mom's 82nd B'day.

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Becky Thatcher

Anyone from Keene interested in going to Concord on Wednesday or Thursday night with me to see this movie?

Kat Kanning