• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Prison population!!!

Started by Michael Fisher, July 30, 2005, 10:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Our prison population has increased by 200% (TRIPLED) in the past 20 years.? Most of that increase is violent crime.
However, the US population only increased by 30% in the past 20 years.

This is the result of public schools in my opinion.

The irresponsibility of our country is skyrocketing!? This is a complete disaster!? ?:o :o

KBCraig

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on July 30, 2005, 10:11 PM NHFT
This is the result of public schools in my opinion.

This is the result of parents abandoning the rearing of their children to bureaucrats who have no vested interest in the outcome.

But, yeah, that's what you said.  :(

Y'all know I work in the prison system. I'm planning on using it as my vehicle to get to NH. But I'm honest about it: I'd give this job up in a heartbeat (because it wouldn't exist!) if we followed the Constitution. Give me the Constitution, and you can have this job.

While it's far from a majority, a surprising number of my colleagues feel equally strongly about the Constitution.

Kevin

Dreepa

I also think it is because drugs are legal.

If they were legal our prison pop would drop.

I wonder what percentage of 'violent' crimes are drug related.

Kat Kanning

We saw during the first prohibition in this country that it led to violent crime.  This time is no different.

AlanM

John Taylor Gatto talked about a corollary between the size of the US standing army, and the size of the prison population. It has been historically equal, or at least roughly so. Interesting.