• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Voter Emancipation Form

Started by Kat Kanning, July 07, 2008, 10:44 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Made up a shire form to get off the voter rolls in the government of your choice.  Suggestions?

TackleTheWorld

Hey! Is that Ray Charles between the laurels?

No more ballots,
No more polls,
Gonna take me off the voter rolls
Tell me what I say
Tell me what I say
Tell me what I say, now
Tell me what I say

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Russell Kanning

ummm yea
I'm gunna need you go ahead and to take my name off the voter roles.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

alright ... now I have my own to email to the city clerk
getting off the voter rolls ... round 2

Lloyd Danforth

If you register in Grafton, you will be taken off of the Keene Rolls and then I can take you off the Grafton Checklist.

Too bad you didn't settle this voting/non voting philosophical thingy before you turned 40 :P

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 09, 2008, 07:05 AM NHFT
If you register in Grafton, you will be taken off of the Keene Rolls and then I can take you off the Grafton Checklist.

Too bad you didn't settle this voting/non voting philosophical thingy before you turned 40 :P
they told me the checklist guys were ok with taking me off ... but then the city said the secretary of state said they couldn't

... aren't you still voting Lloyd?

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah.  I'm gonna be there all day every election day, I might as well.

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

if after steps 3 and 4 we don't get off the list here ... we could go the grafton escape route

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Voter Unregistration    
Friday, 24 March 2006
by Russell Kanning

My wife and I have decided to no longer vote. We wanted our names removed from the voter rolls, so that no one could cast our vote along with all the dead people that vote in many elections. We thought the process would be easy. We were wrong.

We asked the Keene city clerk's office to take off our names about a couple of  months ago. They were surprised and said that no one had ever done that before. They mentioned that the normal procedure was to wait for a notice from another community that we had registered there. Since we are not moving, but still wanted to get our names re-moved, we asked them to just remove our names. They asked us for a letter that they could send on to the keepers of the checklist, but that they still might not remove our names. So we left not understanding why this was so complicated. Three to four weeks later we gave them our letters and waited to see what would hap-pen. On 3/14 we had an election for school board members and such. I stopped by the Rec. Center that was our old polling place. The nice elderly ladies found my name on the list, and upon my request, placed a note next to my name that I was not going to be voting that day.

On 3/16 I headed back into the clerk's office and talked to William Dow and Terri Hood. I asked again if my name had been removed yet and if by chance someone had voted for me on that Tuesday. They informed me that our letter had never left their office, since Bud Fitch at the NH Attorney General's office had said that there were only two ways to get our names off the list. One is the aforementioned new registration and the other is by a decade of inactivity. Since we are still not planning on registering in another town and we do not want our names to linger, I let them know that I am still wanting our names removed. So since they are not going to do it, I will have to contact the AG office and then call the elected official that oversees the checklist for our area. They are not making it easy to get our names off.

To find out if someone had voted for me, they sent me over to SAU 29. There I talked to Jodi Lamoureax and she pulled out the list and pointed out that I had indeed not voted. So the good news is that I joined the majority of people in Keene on Tuesday and did not vote. As for getting our names off of the list in the future. That remains to be seen.

Letters sent to the City

I would like my name taken off the voter rolls for the city of Keene, New Hampshire. I registered to vote in March of 2005 on the day we voted to sell 34 West St. to lower School Property Taxes (they have still failed to do so). I now do not want to be a connected to city government or the school district.

Russell Kanning

---

I also would like my name taken off the voter rolls for Keene.  Last year, I informed the city that I would not be paying for the schools, which I do not use.  I find that I don't want any of the other city "services" either.  I like the library and will be donating directly to it for my use of it.  I pay for water, sewer and roads via direct taxes/payments on those.  I have no wish to be a part of the coercive city government sys-tem, so please take my name off the voter rolls.

Kathryn Dillon