• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Police checkpoint in Manchester July 18

Started by mackler, July 08, 2008, 02:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mackler

Manchester Police will conduct a sobriety" checkpoint in the city Friday, July 18, oestensibly "to detect and apprehend impaired drivers" the Union Leader reported today (p. B2, col 6).

J’raxis 270145

Anyone in Manchester going to be around to either report on or protest this? I reconnoitered the last one, but I'll be up at Burning Porc when this is happening tomorrow.

error

Sorry, I'm down in New York City, where the police state is a way of life.

Ron Helwig

Civil Dis type idea: we get a whole heck of a lot of people to "just happen to be out driving" that night - all sober and properly "law-abiding", eager to show their government permission slips. Flood them with so much traffic they can't handle it. Ensure that their witch-hunt causes traffic jams  >:D

Probably too late to arrange it for this one, but...

Coconut

Quote from: Ron Helwig on July 17, 2008, 08:17 PM NHFT
Ensure that their witch-hunt causes traffic jams  >:D

I don't think there's going to be a problem with this happening anyway. And they don't care. The only part of your idea that would be funny is if the same people go through the line 5-10 times, and the thugs start to recognize them, but the drivers act natural like it's their first time each time.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Coconut on July 17, 2008, 11:16 PM NHFT
Ensure that their witch-hunt causes traffic jams  >:D

I don't think there's going to be a problem with this happening anyway. And they don't care. The only part of your idea that would be funny is if the same people go through the line 5-10 times, and the thugs start to recognize them, but the drivers act natural like it's their first time each time.

And typically they have a rule like "every fifth car," in order to prevent allegations of profiling—so if you spaced yourselves out just right, you'd nearly always be the only people they're stopping, and they couldn't just skip over you once they begin to recognize you.

J’raxis 270145

Civil Dis type idea: we get a whole heck of a lot of people to "just happen to be out driving" that night - all sober and properly "law-abiding", eager to show their government permission slips. Flood them with so much traffic they can't handle it. Ensure that their witch-hunt causes traffic jams  >:D

Probably too late to arrange it for this one, but...

Or, if not enough people show up, every single person behaves as difficultly as possible, demanding the reason for the stop, only asking "Am I being detained? / Am I free to go?", and so on.

sandm000

Demand to see the court order allowing them to stop any car on the street of manchester.

J’raxis 270145