• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine 2008 Calendar

Started by Russell Kanning, July 09, 2008, 10:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Monday 14th- Diehards get there and start fixing things up (more people showed up than expected and the fun began with fresh flounder from Peter) (Killer Grafton Fog came on hard but we lost no one)  8)

Tuesday - Perfect weather planned, life is good (Perfect weather arrived is scheduled, even more people showed up and construction was stepped up, I will be owing quite a bit of Cardinal Shire Hours) (Canoeing and swimming was enjoyed at Tewksberry Pond)  8)

Wednesday - Water balloon and squirt gun war (water war was postponned to the weekend, outdoor showers were completed)  8)

Thursday - Morning - hike to Mt. Cardigan 9am
- Evening - Tim Condon roast/lawyer jokes/FSP personalities impersonations

Friday
- Morning -
- Evening - Bush Pinata bashing, Tall Tale Telling/Grafton Ghost Stories - Russell roast, Big Bonfire, circle of liberty

Saturday
- Morning - Ultimate Frisbee, Pitchfork Tossing contest
- Evening - Burning Porcupine, open mic, King of the Doofuses competion and crowning

Sunday -
- Afternoon - LPNH Picnic 4pm
- 5pm NHFT Funeral for the LP

Monday -
- Evening - Poker night

Tuesday - Lloyd roast

Wednesday -

Thursday - Mt Cardigan Hike

Friday -

to be scheduled:
Water War
Lex triathlon
Flaming arrows
Scrabble tourney

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 09, 2008, 10:04 AM NHFT
Sunday - Pilgrimage to Gun Worship service at Little Minnesota?

Certainly a decent idea, and I'm all for it, but isn't there a gun range in Grafton yet? Who's been slacking?  :)

Lloyd Danforth

As it is Grafton, we can just, shoot anywhere

Russell Kanning

I was hoping people would go to your house and annoy the neighbors :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Ron Helwig on July 10, 2008, 08:02 AM NHFT
Certainly a decent idea, and I'm all for it
so do you want to have that or no? ... It is a tradition for you guys

Lex

Quote from: Ron Helwig on July 10, 2008, 08:02 AM NHFT

Certainly a decent idea, and I'm all for it, but isn't there a gun range in Grafton yet? Who's been slacking?  :)

Because you can just shoot anywhere around here after a while the freedom loses its novelty and you want to go shoot somewhere where you can't just shoot anywhere. It's an interesting problem to have.

TresJay

Sunday - Pilgrimage to Gun Worship service at Little Minnesota? Altexpo - meeting?
- Evening - Russell roast

That would be the 20th, yes?

Is the LPNH picnic still on?  I just spoke to Brendan Kelly, and he asked me when it was.  He won't be there on Sunday.

How would people here feel about a certain LP Presidential Candidate making an appearance on Sunday?  It would certainly put BP on the map (and quite a headline for the Gazette).  The Northeast coordinator is checking the schedule. 

Should I encourage or discourage this?

Jay

Russell Kanning

I don't know anything about the lpnh picnic.
I would avoid hanging out with an LP Presidential Candidate, but I don't know about others.

Some of us were thinking of holding a funeral for the LP to help show the situation and help some "move on" and have some "closure". :)

Russell Kanning

maybe we could have a LP day at Burning Porcupine ... and I could run errands that day. :)

mackler

How about burning some LP membership cards?

Kat Kanning

Sandy wanted to do some LP thing at BP.

dalebert

Quote from: TresJay on July 10, 2008, 01:33 PM NHFT
How would people here feel about a certain LP Presidential Candidate making an appearance on Sunday?

This is specifically an anarchist event so it seems like it would be an odd place to campaign, but I suppose it's no big deal. There are certainly plenty of anarchists still doing politics in the FSP.

Lloyd Danforth

Its not specifically an Anarchist event.  I believe sandy wanted to have the NHLP monthly meeting at Burning Porc.  The former Chair lives down the street from BP. Yes we are planning a funeral for the National LP.  I wouldn't walk across the street to see Bob Barr.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm thinking we should play some Poker at Burning Porc

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 10, 2008, 04:03 PM NHFT
Its not specifically an Anarchist event.
that's what the original event writeup said:

"Anarchic campout in Free Town Grafton, NH"

also ... if no one is really in charge ... then I guess it is an Anarchist event :)