• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Voluntaryist Planet

Started by memenode, July 09, 2008, 07:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

memenode

Well.. I decided to "just do it". :P This was a little thing I saw an opportunity to do and had in mind for a while, but put off due to some other things that I thought of doing first, but are taking lots of time. So I decided to move on with this because it's not hard to do.

I made a voluntaryist planet, meant to aggregate blogs of voluntaryist bloggers all over the internet, in one convenient place. I was looking for it myself and couldn't find it! I want to see what other voluntaryists blog about, and we can now have that here.

So here is it: http://planet.doubleplushuman.com/

So far I only added my own blog and FreeKeene.com, and I would like to invite every voluntaryist here who has a blog and wishes to be included on this planet, to post a link to your RSS or Atom feed.

Guidelines:

1. You must be a voluntaryist. :)
2. If your blog is of general nature (not just voluntaryism, but other things) submit your feed if you blog about voluntaryism at least once a month or otherwise submit an RSS of your voluntaryist tag/category (if available).
3. If you would like your hackergotchi (little head avatar) to be included please attach or link to it
4. Also let me know under which name should I put your feed (your real name, nick or something else).

Also, if you have any suggestions let me know, albeit a planet is a pretty straightforward thing.. You could suggest important voluntaryist links to include in the sidebar or even if you'd like some color scheme modifications. :)

Thank you.

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'gu3st'I made a voluntaryist planet

For the non-geeks...

If you have a blog, there's a way to "send" you blog posts to other people - syndication. A planet is a special website that combines multiple people's blogs into one place, usually focusing on a single theme. If you're added to the planet, whenever you post your new entry will appear on the website.

You can find two examples (I'm on both, so this isn't a shameless plug!):

http://planet.libervis.net/
http://planet.openmoko.org/

Quote from: 'gu3st'I would like to invite every voluntaryist here who has a blog and wishes to be included on this planet, to post a link to your RSS or Atom feed.

And anybody who has a blog but doesn't know what the hell this means, please post your blog site here and we'll see if we can't figure out how to get you added. :)

Quote from: 'gu3st'I would like to invite every voluntaryist here who has a blog

He's invited me, but my blog is under maintainance so I gave him Freekeene because I know Ian supports syndications and such.

Quote from: 'gu3st'1. You must be a voluntaryist. Smiley

Not everyone uses that term who supports complete abolishment of the government. To be fair, I think the majority of people here qualify but wouldn't consider themselves "voluntaryists". I don't think Dale, for instance, uses the term and he's certainly for the abolishment of government. I think Russell prefers not to use any labels and he doesn't like the government. :)

Quote from: 'gu3st'...blog... ...blog... ...blog... ...blog... ...blog... ...blog... ...blog...

Feed! Dale has bi-weekly submissions that are not blogs but certainly on point. Can he submit the feed to Anarchy In Your Head? ;)

memenode

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't stop to think some people might not know what all that stuff means. :)

Quote from: Kevin DeanNot everyone uses that term who supports complete abolishment of the government. To be fair, I think the majority of people here qualify but wouldn't consider themselves "voluntaryists". I don't think Dale, for instance, uses the term and he's certainly for the abolishment of government. I think Russell prefers not to use any labels and he doesn't like the government. Smiley

That's alright. It's not so much about the term as much about the idea. I just decided I'll push my efforts for that idea under that term. So to rephraze the guideline, anyone who believes individuals should act voluntarily and not under coercion is welcome. And this does at least rule out everyone who thinks government is ok since government is coercive monopoly. :P

Quote from: Kevin DeanFeed! Dale has bi-weekly submissions that are not blogs but certainly on point. Can he submit the feed to Anarchy In Your Head? ;)

Sure, Anarchy In Your Head would be an awesome addition. Feeds don't need to be only of blogs indeed. I mention blogs primarily mostly because with planets the idea is to syndicate what a particular person says directly rather than news sites (which are aggregators by themselves). So if you've got unique content, posted chronologically, feel free to submit it for the inclusion.

Cheers

dalebert

memenode

Thanks Dale, I've added it and updated.

Btw, the planet is automatically updated every hour.

error

memenode

Hi error, what is your site?

If it's the nhteaparty.org, that's a forum and planets aren't really for forums.. There's too much activity and the form of posts is much more eradic so feeding off a forum would flood the planet too much. I guess I could link to it from the sidebar though, as well as the NHU..

error

Uh, not that, Homeland Stupidity.

Coconut

Quote from: error on July 09, 2008, 10:33 PM NHFT

Error has an error.

(psst: check your link. Specifically before the 'us' part)

FTL_Ian

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kevin Dean on July 09, 2008, 08:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: 'gu3st'I made a voluntaryist planet

For the non-geeks...

Thank you Kevin

memenode

I added HomelandStupidity.us, lewrockwell.com, strike-the-root.com and thefreedomchannel.blogspot.com. I am slightly unsure about the last one because it's just videos which aren't directly promoting voluntaryism, but are more about the current social issues presented in light that favors voluntaryist solution. I guess it's fine.

Also, I'm thinking of adding Mises blog and maybe even their community blogs feed. Can they be considered mostly pro-voluntaryist (or anarcho-capitalist) or more in general (libertarian)? I'd like to keep the channel as strictly voluntaryist as possible, since certain generally libertarian ideas still condone government (like minarchism).

The idea is to keep a level of quality and readability (not *too* much coming in per hour). Let me know if there are any other blog suggestions and of course, keep submitting your own if you have. :)

Also, useful links for the sidebar will come in handy too.

Quote from: FTL_IanThanks for including FK!

My pleasure. There's no reason not to. It's clearly voluntaryist. :)

Cheers

memenode

I made thefreedomchannel.blogspot.com only a link instead of part of syndication after all. I might have a separate subsection for podcasts and videos in the future.

Also, looks like LewRockwell.com has up to four posts every day? Anyone think that's a bit much for a planet? Maybe I can make that a link as well..

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Coconut on July 09, 2008, 10:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on July 09, 2008, 10:33 PM NHFT

Error has an error.

(psst: check your link. Specifically before the 'us' part)

You could have fixed it in your post - like this ==> Homeland Stupidity. ;)

dalebert

Technically, my site is a blog that frequently has comic strips in the entries. Notice there is always at least a little commentary with each one. Also, there is an actual blog now as well that's separate from the comic which is why I have two mailing lists now- one just for comic updates and one for blog updates.

Also, I do use the term voluntaryist to describe myself. I just don't don't avoid using the term anarchist which I consider to be synonymous and which just sounds better for the title of my comic.  ;D I thought about "Voluntaryism In Your Head" and it just didn't have the same ring to it.  :P