• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Video: NH cop questions RidleyReport for photographing police car

Started by Dave Ridley, July 10, 2008, 05:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCTEyutQQ18

About an hour into our June 29 open carry litter pickup, one Manchester police officer stops, approaches and questions me.  Here's video of our conversation.  Note that I am wearing a holstered pistol from start to finish.

Kat Kanning

Apparently the video camera is more dangerous than the gun  ;D

margomaps

When he approached you he was acting like a macho, aggressive jerk.  You handled yourself very professionally and calmly, and treated him with perhaps more respect than he deserved.  His demeanor changed rapidly after that -- he didn't quite make it to "pleasant", but he was civil and respectful in the end.  All-in-all it was a pretty good situation compared to how many encounters with the police go.

Great job, Dave!

Porcupine_in_MA

David

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 10, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
SRQRebel and I were talking a few months ago, after a social sunday, and we agreed that cameras are the only tool that seems to be more useful to us than the police.  The police do not like them because their job sometimes involves then saying and doing things to people that a majority of the people find distasteful.  In other words, they have more to hide than we do.   ;D

Puke

Yes, Dave did a great job.
I'd have probably said something to the effect of "Because I wanted to film you? Is that illegal?"
THen I'm sure the pig would gotten pissed.

Russell Kanning

I am with you Puke ... I would have said something ... different.

Boy that guys attitude changed alot and he tried to act like he was always pleasant and calm. hahaha

Kat Kanning

Quote from: David on July 11, 2008, 09:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 10, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
SRQRebel and I were talking a few months ago, after a social sunday, and we agreed that cameras are the only tool that seems to be more useful to us than the police.  The police do not like them because their job sometimes involves then saying and doing things to people that a majority of the people find distasteful.  In other words, they have more to hide than we do.   ;D

I think you're right.  I haven't been doing anything I've needed to hide.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Puke on July 12, 2008, 07:19 AM NHFT
Yes, Dave did a great job.
I'd have probably said something to the effect of "Because I wanted to film you? Is that illegal?"
THen I'm sure the pig would gotten pissed.

Same with you...except I probably would have a swear in there.... "Because I fucking wanted to film you...hows that?" Something along those lines. Really try to win the guy over...  8)

AntonLee