• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Blood at WGIR WGIN Manchester/Portsmouth! Need help!

Started by FTL_Ian, August 01, 2005, 12:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Hey NHFreers,

As you know, we're already on WNTK and WUVR in the state, thanks to those of you who have called those stations.  Now we have a new opportunity to get on WGIR/WGIN Manchester/Portsmouth.  The old Program Director has been fired, and there is new blood at the station in the form of Angela Anderson.  I spoke with Angela today, and she seems like a nice girl.  She should be sampling our show within the next week.
    Please check the maps below, and if you're in the coverage area, please call Angela at 603-625-6915 and tell her or her voicemail that you want to hear Free Talk Live 6 nights per week.  Please post the results of your calls.

Thank you!
Ian

WGIR:

WGIN:

YeahItsMeJP

I see a MAJOR problem here... Ian, I love your show, but Gardner Goldsmith is already on WGIR/GIN.

He is one of the only shows that still goes live from the studio instead of sydicated (he is a Libertarian as well)

He tells me the station has been considering replacing him with a syndicated show... if all these libertarians start calling up demanding your show be put on their station, Gardner is likely out of a job.

JP

FTL_Ian

JP,

We're not interested in replacing Gardner.  Check your clock.  We're live 8p-10p, Gardner is done at 7p.  No conflict there.  The program director would have to be insane to drop a live local show and replace him with recorded, stale, syndicated content!

All clear?  So, FTL would simply be ANOTHER Libertarian show on WGIR/WGIN.  Now, get to the phone!  ;)

Thank you for the concern,
Ian

Fluff and Stuff

Unless the PD only wants one libertarian show in the line-up

FTL_Ian

If that was the case, she'd be a lousy PD to replace a live local afternoon show with a syndicated night show.  Local talent is hard to come by.

mikefam

where do these lettered stations appear on the actual radio dial???

Pat McCotter

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

Gardner Goldsmith's show was cancelled today  >:(  :(  >:(  :'(

SethCohn

Quote from: katdillon on August 12, 2005, 06:32 PM NHFT
Gardner Goldsmith's show was cancelled today  >:(  :(  >:(  :'(

Time for a NHFree protest, people!

FTL_Ian

I didn't do it!  :o

Did they give him a chance to say goodbye, or did he just disappear?

He's still on their website...  who replaced him?

SethCohn

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 12, 2005, 09:28 PM NHFT
I didn't do it!  :o

Did they give him a chance to say goodbye, or did he just disappear?

He's still on their website...  who replaced him?

Hannity.  It happened today, after the show.  No, they didn't give him a chance to say goodbye.  Clearchannel strikes again.

Tom_Brady

AlanM

Quote from: Tom_Brady on August 12, 2005, 10:40 PM NHFT
What's all the stars mean and what's Karma?

Well, Tom, the stars indicate a level of posting, the more stars, the more posts. Moderators have 5Stars in blue. Lloyd and I were given 5Stars because we're old farts.
Karma is the opportunity to express your opinion of a person, positive or negative. We have played Karma games, and Russell always loses, until his wife Kat comes to his rescue. Kat is the administrator for the forum. She has lots of power.  >:D

Welcome to the forum! Interesting name.  ;)