• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

So I have a business that I would like to start up....

Started by AnarchoJesse, July 22, 2008, 03:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

Here in Keene. I have some capital, but I am looking for potential investors as well because I would not like to put my ALL of life savings on the risk. Just some of it. ;)

I noticed a few shops up for rent, and I was thinking that this town needs something... something big... something that would suck the commie college kids dry.... and something libertarian.

A hookah lounge. That's right, you read it here first. I am interested in opening a hookah lounge here in Keene, and I do have experience in working at one. College kids where I grew up always packed out the sole hookah lounge, and the owners made a killing on it. The cost for maintaining would be minimal, and the largest investment into it would be the rent itself. Hookahs and flavored tobaccos can be bought in bulk, and hookahs pay themselves off pretty quickly.

Thoughts? Comments? I know this is a bit disorganized, but I just wanted to at least get the idea out there.

K. Darien Freeheart

Smoking is banned indoors in NH, isn't it? Are you prepared to be fined every day and have the bluelights frequenting? Have you found insurance against government harassment?

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Kevin Dean on July 22, 2008, 03:43 PM NHFT
Smoking is banned indoors in NH, isn't it? Are you prepared to be fined every day and have the bluelights frequenting? Have you found insurance against government harassment?

The ban only applies to places that serve food. Beverages are still "OK". But I figure that could be worked around by approaching one of the local restaurants to see if we couldn't work out a deal that if they went to the lounge and then restaurant or vice versa some sort of discount could be provided.

As for the bluelights, there is nothing illegal about smoking flavored tobacco.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteThe ban only applies to places that serve food. Beverages are still "OK"

Oh, I've only been to NH once, and when I was there, I couldn't smoke at the bar, which is essentially the last place smoking is banned, so I figured it was just banned.

QuoteAs for the bluelights, there is nothing illegal about smoking flavored tobacco.

I was thinking more in terms of "not paying the fines for violating the smoking ban" but if you're not actually going to be subject to it, that point is moot.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

and if you go chasing rabbits and you know you're going to fall
tell them a hookah smoking caterpillar has given you the call
...Jefferson Airplane and yes it was a long time ago

Lloyd Danforth

How long ago?

"just ask Alice................I think she'll know"