• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Drama at Manch Porc Manor

Started by FTL_Ian, July 24, 2008, 10:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

K. Darien Freeheart

Where's Dave Ridley's cameras when things get interesting...

Mellamo

I'm sure it seems more dramatic on the outside than it is in here.

Or maybe I'm just impervious (read: ignorant) to drama.

Once we get this sorted out, including getting Adam's side of the story on camera if he ever decides to cooperate, it will make sense to everyone.

FTL_Ian

Mackler posts a response in another thread:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=15559.0

Mackler has asked me to remove this thread and I will not.  I take no sides as I am not familiar with this situation.  It has been posted here so others may be aware of the accusations.

Mellamo

Quote from: FTL_Ian on July 25, 2008, 08:18 AM NHFT
Mackler posts a response in another thread:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=15559.0

Mackler has asked me to remove this thread and I will not.  I take no sides as I am not familiar with this situation.  It has been posted here so others may be aware of the accusations.

Thanks Ian.  :)

Edit:
Quote from: fsp forum error"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

FTL_Ian

You have to be an FSP participant to access that forum.  I will not repost the actual posts, but will not prevent others from doing so if they feel so inclined.

Mellamo

Quote from: FTL_Ian on July 25, 2008, 08:36 AM NHFT
You have to be an FSP participant to access that forum.  I will not repost the actual posts, but will not prevent others from doing so if they feel so inclined.

Ah, so apparently I have to get my forum account updated.

Interesting move on mackler's part to post in that forum, since he's the only person in the house besides Alec that has access to that forum at this time.

FTL_Ian

Actually, I think the mods moved the posts.  Wouldn't want the newbies to think we all don't get along.   ::)

Mellamo

Quote from: FTL_Ian on July 25, 2008, 08:49 AM NHFT
Actually, I think the mods moved the posts.  Wouldn't want the newbies to think we all don't get along.   ::)

Ah. Good call on their part.

Anyway, time to update my account.

Perilous

Quote from: Kevin Dean on July 25, 2008, 12:25 AM NHFT
Where's Dave Ridley's cameras when things get interesting...

He's on vacation.  But there are many other cameras in the house.

EDIT: PS, this is Daniel.

dalebert

Quote from: Honey Pots on July 25, 2008, 08:34 AM NHFT
Isn't Mackler studying to become a lawyer?  Won't that mean he'll swear an oath of allegiance to the state?

Perhaps future problems can be avoided by refusing to rent to lawyers and those who aspire to be lawyers.  Seems like they only bring trouble.

As soon as I heard he used legal threats to remain in the house (violate property rights), that ended the controversy for me. That's just completely un-libertarian. Also, I've been diagnosed with ADHD and will be seeking treatment which means Mackler thinks I'm mentally ill. Since he has no respect for me, I'll return the same degree of respect.

Perilous

Quote from: dalebert on July 25, 2008, 09:11 AM NHFT
Quote from: Honey Pots on July 25, 2008, 08:34 AM NHFT
Isn't Mackler studying to become a lawyer?  Won't that mean he'll swear an oath of allegiance to the state?

Perhaps future problems can be avoided by refusing to rent to lawyers and those who aspire to be lawyers.  Seems like they only bring trouble.

As soon as I heard he used legal threats to remain in the house (violate property rights), that ended the controversy for me. That's just completely un-libertarian. Also, I've been diagnosed with ADHD and will be seeking treatment which means Mackler thinks I'm mentally ill. Since he has no respect for me, I'll return the same degree of respect.

To be fair, Dale, you are a bit mentally ill.  But in a good way.

;)

We all are.  Like Winston Smith in 1984.

error

OK, so, you have a house which is nearly full of people who are either complete anarcho-voluntaryists or are rapidly approaching it. Throw into this mix someone who asks highly inappropriate detailed personal questions of everyone, is highly secretive about himself, gives off an air of untrustworthiness and general "creepiness," and when something really serious happens, resorts to personal attacks instead of answering the accusation against him. Not to mention using the threat of the state to get his way. These are not ways to win friends and influence people, especially in this movement.

Perilous

Quote from: error on July 25, 2008, 09:20 AM NHFT
Not to mention using the threat of the state to get his way.

I would like to take a moment to defend Adam in this matter.  I disagree with the concept of a state on a philosophical basis.  But the state is a reality of our lives at the moment.  If Adam genuinely felt threatened, the state is one outlet of his to protect himself.

That said, if Adam did or does feel genuinely threatened, why is he still living in a house full of mentally ill and unstable people?  And why didn't he seek arbitration in the candid community at the start of all this?  On the FSP thread, it's clear that the community was skeptical at first and withheld judgment until the facts could be brought to light.  And many of them still do.  Good for them.  Prudence is the order of the day.

Just to put this in some context, there were other participants in the events.  Adam wasn't the only one evicted.  But when Alec asked this other roommate to leave, that gentleman took it like a man, owned up to his actions, apologized to everybody for starting the drama, and got the flip out of the house ASAP.  My respect for this roommate has gone up for how he handled himself in light of these events.  I won't name him here because he has bowed out honorably and I think deserves some privacy.  He made a mistake and took the consequences like a man.  Props.

dalebert

Quote from: Perilous on July 25, 2008, 09:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: error on July 25, 2008, 09:20 AM NHFT
Not to mention using the threat of the state to get his way.

I would like to take a moment to defend Adam in this matter.  I disagree with the concept of a state on a philosophical basis.  But the state is a reality of our lives at the moment.  If Adam genuinely felt threatened, the state is one outlet of his to protect himself.

Protect himself from what?! Being evicted with 30 days notice? That's not a rights violation. If you respect property rights, you get the fuck out when you're told.