• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

City Council Blindsided by Freight Train as Boy Scouts Watch

Started by SamIam, July 29, 2008, 05:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SamIam

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on July 29, 2008, 01:32 PM NHFT
"These men work for your company"
When you frame the issue that way it may be effective in not raising the hackles of the city council.  You are putting your complaint on the level of a customer service mistake, and maybe increasing your odds of a non-violent response.
But it's also giving the city the same moral status as a purely voluntary organization like a store. 
Why did you put it that way?
What did you think could be the most ideal response to your presentation?

Excellent questions Lauren. I'm constantly altering my approach here to find the most effective message. I understand what your saying by principle, and agree with it. However, right as I may be, shouting that out at the top of my lungs won't do much to open people's eyes. I really believe in meeting people where they are at, in order to land my message with them. Who does it impact and how, that's a true measure of success for me.

I've seen how disconnected bureaucrats are form the force that backs up their every "request". They don't believe they are violent, they believe they are doing great things for the community, government works, and solves all our problems. So I take that at face value, and say, ok, your telling me your here to protect and serve me. Your telling me x,y,and z. What exactly is this man doing, because that doesn't align with what your saying about your company. (also factually what it is, a municipal corporation)  Then I point out it's their honor and integrity at stake here, because they all swore an oath to uphold these documents. Now they are in the position of fixing the situation and upholding the documents they claim to honor, or show everyone they are a gang of thugs here to rule over their subjects. Bring the ideological gun in the room right out in the open for all to see. I think that's a very powerful message for a lot of people. Those are my thoughts on the come-from for this approach.

Most ideal response, one or more of their city's council members sits down to discuss the matter and work with me to figure out how to ensure this never happens to anyone else, thereby also opening the courtroom to cameras for everyone else. That would be an effective outcome; Then it would only be a matter of time.

SamIam

SamIam

Quote from: Josh on July 29, 2008, 05:01 PM NHFT
Give 'em hell, Sam!

Any plans to file charges for the obvious assault?

It's not personal for me. I want to be left alone, and see that government recognizes my right not to consent to be governed. The police department did call, I pointed them to the video, and I spoke with a nice lady at the police department. I will be typing up a complaint, because their law requires it for any investigation. Hopefully they will take my suggestions to heart, and that won't be necessary. I think it would be a civil rights lawsuit over assault. I wasn't physically harmed, only threatened and intimidated. I expect some hostility going into their buildings to do what I'm doing. It's the behavior, ignorance, and lack of understanding of the oath these men gave their word of honor to uphold.

Josh

Did he not grab your arm while reaching for the camera? The statutes vary slightly from state to state, but most basically define assault as any forceful contact.
Either way, I can't wait to see the update episode.

Mike Barskey

Awesome, Sam. Different freedom-loving people have differences of opinion regarding certain principles or tactics, like the one Lauren mentioned. Nonetheless, it's difficult to disagree that your lethods of pointing of the violence inherent in the system are peaceful, nonaggressive, and based on voluntarism.

I am also awed by your courage. It's the kind of noncompliance that I'd want to do if I had to be in court anyway - I am not ready yet to actively get a ticket or get arrested in order to pursue this kind of activism - but if I ended up in court "accidentally," I don't know if I'd be able to do this. It seems to require quick thinking and an extremely solid foundation of knowledge in the legal system (which I don't have). Maybe you can offer your services for money in NH as kind of a "free man's lawyer" - if I end up in court for some reason, I'd love to have someone with your experience guiding me through a similar process.

lastlady

I've watched this video several times now. Each time clapping and grinning at the end because it made me so happy to see you do what you do. I was watching the council members faces and body language too. It's not that easy to see them but they appear very disinterested. It almost seems like they are thinking, oh god not another guy bringing up his rights and the Constitution.

My question is a few times you mention the 2nd Amendment when I think you mean the 1rst Amendment, then I thought maybe it is the 2nd in the Texas Constitution?

You were brilliant though. It really does show that these public servants are not really here to serve and protect the people. They're just "following orders". And since when is the judge the owner and ruler of the courthouse? When the cop said I am here to enforce the Judge's rules, I do what he tells me to do. My thoughts were, really? At what point would he question what he is being ordered to do.

FTL_Ian

Sam's videos will be better when we have another cameraman who can focus in on their faces, etc.

41mag

Quote from: lastlady on July 29, 2008, 06:40 PM NHFT
My question is a few times you mention the 2nd Amendment when I think you mean the 1rst Amendment, then I thought maybe it is the 2nd in the Texas Constitution? 
He's refering to the Texas Constitution.  He mentioned it in another video.  Something to the effect of right to alter the govt in any peaceful means.

SamIam

Yep, It's the Texas Constitution.

Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 2 - INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT

All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

I can't think of a more powerful, stronger language they could use to spell out what this right means, and that it's not to be hampered in any way.

Ian - maybe I can release a mini-DVD or something. It looks fantastic on my system, the compression turns their faces into a blur. I think for the full documentary, I'll break down all of their facial expressions, body language, it was very apparent to me they didn't want to hear it, and sitting in that circle was not a fun place to be as I lambasted them as the children looked on from behind me. :)

Whitney has offered to fly out for a couple of weeks and support me through the next series of court dates. I'm thinking about it, so I may get some of that footage sooner rather than later.

SamIam

FTL_Ian

Good idea, just don't let her alone with those boy scouts!   :icon_pirat:

SamIam

KBCraig

My first thought is, how can any resident/taxpayer of that city see that ostentatious million-dollar star chamber and not be outraged?!? I mean, even if someone loves the idea of city government, surely they'd be shocked at the huge expense of that council chamber, with their expensive, fine wood, lofty perches, and the undoubtedly expensive electronic display system (which seems to have no function other than displaying the Texas flag and current date). Not to mention the luxurious stadium seating for witnesses to the spectacle -- most of it empty.

I have quibbles with my municipalitythe corporation within whose territory I live. At least they have the good sense to hold city council meetings while sitting eye level with the people, behind folding tables, with everyone in folding chairs.

Then again, I'm not in Dee-Eff-Dubya, just a podunk bedroom community in NE Texas.

TackleTheWorld

It was excessively intimidating, wasn't it?  Kinda like this:

Sam A. Robrin

Dave Ridley

Free Stater barred from own trial

Caught on tape...court officers lay hands on liberty activist to keep him from attending "his" trial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt4RY38aIBI

SamIam

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on July 30, 2008, 01:00 PM NHFT
It was excessively intimidating, wasn't it?  Kinda like this:

Very, especially if you pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  :o

QuoteI think "Scouts on 'er" is what he was trying to avoid . . . !

I think you may have it backwards. . .  :)