• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Interview with "V" author

Started by Kat Kanning, July 29, 2008, 10:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Very nice.
Dude has some crazy ass rings on his fingers too.

KBCraig

Wow, brilliant!  :o

Alan Moore for president! ... oh, wait...

memenode

I just watched "V For Vendetta" and I am amazed. I count this one of the great moments in my life. It so well portrays freedom as "lack of fear" it is incredibly empowering.

I think Voluntaryist + V for Vendetta = a revolution waiting to happen, at least a personal one. :)

It inspired this blog entry: http://www.memeverse.com/2008/07/31/v-for-voluntary/ And I also put it on digg, you never know.. if it gets dugg up, I think it's a message worth digg frontpage: http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Do_you_fear_freedom

The message is that freedom is lack of fear, not lack of people with guns threatening. :)

Oh and yeah, great interview and a great movie! Kudos to the guy!

Btw, I changed my avatar to "V", but made it yellow. I say yellow represents "V for Voluntary" while red "V" represents "V for Vendetta". :P

Cheers

dalebert

Quote from: gu3st on July 31, 2008, 01:13 AM NHFT
The message is that freedom is lack of fear, not lack of people with guns threatening. :)

Too much freedom is scary.

memenode

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: gu3st on July 31, 2008, 01:13 AM NHFT
I just watched "V For Vendetta" and I am amazed.

JUST watched it?? Congratulations on your escaping from that cave that you must have been in since '05! :P It is a wonderful, wonderful movie and I totally agree with you in the "freedom is lack of fear" theme. I'm planning on having a V for Vendetta party at our place in Manchester once we get a bigger tv for our living room. Come dressed as V or in V masks and maybe do some V trivia something like that.

dalebert

I've ordered the graphic novels of V for Vendetta and Watchmen. I highly recommend the books. I hear the book is much better than the movie. The Watchmen movie isn't out yet. I tend to like to watch the movie first when I have the chance. That way I'm not so disappointed if it ends up not as good as the book. Then I can read the book and enjoy it that much more. So you may want to hold off on reading Watchmen until after you see the movie.

Porcupine_in_MA

I've read the book and I like the movie just as much.

memenode

I've probably lived in a mental cave since 2005 indeed. It was only in the second quarter of 2008 that I started learning about voluntaryism. From my prior perspectives a movie like V probably wasn't the kind of genre I'd hold at the top of my very sparse movie playlist. :)

Today it is Number One. It managed to beat Star Trek hands down, which is what I did hold at the top back then. :)

Unfortunately, I wont be able to join that V party as I'm all the way across the pond in land they call Croatia. But this movie, much like the ideas of voluntaryism few months back, are disturbing my mind. It makes me want to commit to something a little more, without fear.

I was thinking of maybe preparing a special online happening for November 5th. Online because I'm living in a desert as far as the availability of truly liberty minded people in Croatia goes. If my home is with those who share the same ideas, it is largely right here in cyberspace. Interestingly, that's where I feel most comfortable in far longer than I've met V for Voluntary and it may be one of the big factors in bringing me to the idea as well, because my online business, where I make a small living, is largely built in pursuit of ideas.

There is a friend on this forum who can testify to that. :)

Cheers

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: gu3st on August 01, 2008, 11:13 PM NHFT
I've probably lived in a mental cave since 2005 indeed. It was only in the second quarter of 2008 that I started learning about voluntaryism. From my prior perspectives a movie like V probably wasn't the kind of genre I'd hold at the top of my very sparse movie playlist. :)

Today it is Number One. It managed to beat Star Trek hands down, which is what I did hold at the top back then. :)

Unfortunately, I wont be able to join that V party as I'm all the way across the pond in land they call Croatia. But this movie, much like the ideas of voluntaryism few months back, are disturbing my mind. It makes me want to commit to something a little more, without fear.

I was thinking of maybe preparing a special online happening for November 5th. Online because I'm living in a desert as far as the availability of truly liberty minded people in Croatia goes. If my home is with those who share the same ideas, it is largely right here in cyberspace. Interestingly, that's where I feel most comfortable in far longer than I've met V for Voluntary and it may be one of the big factors in bringing me to the idea as well, because my online business, where I make a small living, is largely built in pursuit of ideas.

There is a friend on this forum who can testify to that. :)

Cheers

Oh man it would be great if you could move to New Hampshire. We need you here to help us in the fight for freedom. If you're on Facebook, you should join the group V for Vendetta "Ideas are Bulletproof" - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2207372723
and you can also add me, just look me up, my name is Matthew Hunt.

memenode

I doubt I'll be able to move to NH any time soon and can't really make a sure promise of it just yet, but that's an option that I'm gonna keep open for the future.

I'm on facebook, but not much active there, though I just joined the group, thanks. :) Didn't yet find you though, as there are lots of people with the same name.

John Edward Mercier

Try reading some of Aesop's Fables...
I think you'll find them insightful.