• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sobriety Checkpoint on Route 3A, Concord

Started by error, August 02, 2008, 01:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Ryan called in to Porc-411 to report a sobriety checkpoint on Route 3A just south of Concord.

J’raxis 270145

I was driving when he called this in.

I wasn't particularly prepared for dealing with them, so I just went through my usual way of handling cops at traffic stops—give them the absolute minimum information and let them escalate it beyond that. I was waiting for them to actually ask me to step out of the car for a field sobriety test before launching into the "what's your reasonable articulable suspicion?" line of questioning, but nothing eventful happened.

Of note, all they asked for was my drivers license, not my registration. Ryan suspects this is because they can only ask for a registration at a bona fide legal stop. Anyone know any more about this?

They gave out some sort of survey asking what I think of their checkpoint, do I believe it curtails drunk driving, &c.. Ryan has ready access to a photocopier, so I left the form with him; they'll be getting more than one survey back for sure. Anyone wants a copy to fill out, let me or Ryan know.

J’raxis 270145

Additional information:—

They were State Police, not Concord.

There were three on each side of the highway. They were straddling either a divided intersection or exit 11.  A "sobriety checkpoint ahead" sign was set up along the side of the road. If it was exit 11, one could in fact have bypassed the checkpoint even after seeing it, but only by going through a 75¢ tollbooth onto I-93.

About two minutes after passing through the checkpoint, three police cars came flying up behind me, off on some other business, perhaps even responding to an actual crime. I was unable to see the markings on the cars, but I think they were actually the three at the checkpoint.

Russell Kanning

the state police will be the real tyranny for us all in the next few years .... funding from HS really amps the oppression

that was a great "call in" Ryan ... you passed my sobriety test

doobie

You can get from Concord to Manchester and bypass, 3, 3-a, and 93.....you just need to know the way to get through Bow :)  And hope you don't have a mean arsed Bow cop to deal with.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: doobie on August 02, 2008, 07:14 AM NHFT
You can get from Concord to Manchester and bypass, 3, 3-a, and 93.....you just need to know the way to get through Bow :)  And hope you don't have a mean arsed Bow cop to deal with.

Yep, and since they turned off some of their street lights there're more places for them to hide. :o ;D

doobie

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 02, 2008, 08:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: doobie on August 02, 2008, 07:14 AM NHFT

Yep, and since they turned off some of their street lights there're more places for them to hide. :o ;D

I prefer street lights off.... but then again I'm an amateur astronomer.  I've only met one cop in NH... waste of my time was all it was... wonder if I could have billed them for time lost?  lol