• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Things to do in Concord at night?

Started by doobie, August 02, 2008, 07:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

Just wondering if there is a night life in Concord and where it is...

Pat McCotter

What kind of nightlife?

You could join giggan playing frisbee and meeting the local cops. ;D

Penuche's Ale House - Bicentennial Square, back in the corner, down in the basement. About 15 beers on tap, micro to near macro. Live music weekends.

The Barley House

Downtown Cheers Grille & Bar

Margarita's - Old city jailhouse, police station, courthouse, the original 16 cells are now dining "cells" - but you should boycott them because they wanted the government to stop their customers from smoking.

The Draft - sports bar on S. Main.

Red Blazer on Manchester St. - Again, they wanted the govt to stop customers from smoking.

There are more. Take a day walk through all the downtown streets and alleys and you will find some. Then take the same walk at night and you will find others.

Then there are restaurants all along Loudon Rd. Not sure what the nighttime brings there.

As for culture
Capitol Center for the Arts
Red River Theatres
Concord City Auditorium known locally as The Audi.

Candlepin bowling at Boutwell's

Puke

dalebert

Pay no attn to Puke. He goes to sleep at 9pm.

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on August 02, 2008, 10:50 AM NHFT
Pay no attn to Puke. He goes to sleep at 9pm.

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

Atlas

Are there any club type venues in Concord?

doobie

Thanks for the list... I'm just trying to find stuff other than just sit at home and read to do on Friday/Saturday nights....  I'm only mostly a hermit.... I try to get out every now and then.

error

Quote from: doobie on August 02, 2008, 04:12 PM NHFT
Thanks for the list... I'm just trying to find stuff other than just sit at home and read to do on Friday/Saturday nights....  I'm only mostly a hermit.... I try to get out every now and then.

Come to Taproom Tuesday!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: error on August 02, 2008, 04:47 PM NHFT

Come to Taproom Tuesday!

Don't listen to error! Taproom is not in Concord! ;D

error

Yes, but it's nightlife with freedom lovers! How can you possibly lose?

doobie

Quote from: error on August 02, 2008, 04:47 PM NHFT

Come to Taproom Tuesday!

I already do.... was looking for something on Friday or Saturday nights....particular ones with some eye candy of the female persuasion. 

BillKauffman

Concord is full of lawyers, doctors and lobbyists who are busy raising their kids not going out to clubs on Friday/Saturday nights.

error

Quote from: doobie on August 02, 2008, 05:15 PM NHFT
I already do.... was looking for something on Friday or Saturday nights....particular ones with some eye candy of the female persuasion. 

Oh! Well, then, I hear there are places matching your requirements in Manchester.

doobie

Quote from: error on August 02, 2008, 08:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: doobie on August 02, 2008, 05:15 PM NHFT

Oh! Well, then, I hear there are places matching your requirements in Manchester.

I like change... (not the Obama kind).  I go to Manchester so much I wanted to check out Concord.

error

Heh. It takes about 10 minutes to check out Concord. Aside from the state politics, it's really a sleepy little hole in the wall town.