• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Things to do in Concord at night?

Started by doobie, August 02, 2008, 07:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

Quote from: error on August 03, 2008, 12:21 AM NHFT
Heh. It takes about 10 minutes to check out Concord. Aside from the state politics, it's really a sleepy little hole in the wall town.

I found borders.  I like borders better than B&N.  Might be the fact my gf worked there and brainwashed me? hah.  Nawh their drinks are cheaper.

Pat McCotter

Oops! I forgot about Fort Eddy Rd. But the only night life I could think about there would be Uno's.

doobie

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 03, 2008, 09:18 AM NHFT
Oops! I forgot about Fort Eddy Rd. But the only night life I could think about there would be Uno's.

Uno's pizza?  food=ewwwwwww.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: doobie on August 03, 2008, 09:57 AM NHFT

I'm sorry. I'll try to read your mind next time on your likes and dislikes before I mention someplace. ;D I happen to like their food, though. :P

doobie

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 03, 2008, 11:43 AM NHFT

I'm sorry. I'll try to read your mind next time on your likes and dislikes before I mention someplace. ;D I happen to like their food, though. :P

heh, I'm from Chicago.  I don't know anyone from Chicago who likes their food...esp their pizza.

beretta92d

But there drinks are good..specially the BEER... :bow:
did order their hamburg sliders with onion strings..both were tasty..(but of course,i'm not picky)

Concord traditionally rolls up the sidewalks at 5 pm and closes up for the night. There used to be a rotating hot spot where the in crowd would hang out in the evenings - they pick one bar for a few months then move on to the next. There probably still is a singles club on Manchester Street (rt 3 South) near the Dunkin Donuts, but why anyone would go to a singles club more than 3 times is beyond me. Dunkin Donuts was always the place to go afterwards I think. If you like movies there is a brand new Red River Theatre that certainly always has good movies. The largest hall is the Capital Center for the Arts. Both are on South Main Street. There is also the Walker Lecture series as well as occasional events at the library and at the Concord City Auditorium. Oh and the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium is supposed to be interesting, but I've never been there. They do have an interesting web address - http://www.starhop.com/ . I'm not happy that they are about to change their name to something else. There is a free paper, the Hippo, that lists events. Oh and Concord does have a rather large first night celebration New Years Eve. Concord probably has more churches than bars though. Way more. I've never been to any of those either. Yet. The first Saturday in December is always the ski and skate sale at the Green Street Community Center, a not to be missed event where you can pick up great bargains or go by the day before to unload stuff you don't want.

KBCraig

There's the brand-new Manchester Brewery. (Today's Porc-411 message attached.)

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Quote from: doobie on August 03, 2008, 08:53 AM NHFT
I like borders better than B&N.
Some of the people at Borders are way cool, but I don't want to name any names. Panera's across the street has free wifi, Borders charges.

BillKauffman

Quote from: www on November 30, 2008, 09:33 PM NHFT
Some of the people at Borders are way cool, but I don't want to name any names. Panera's across the street has free wifi, Borders charges.

Yeah but actually you can sign on to Staple's wifi for free inside Borders. Shhh - don't tell anyone!

AntonLee

get together and watch Law and Order SVU?

doobie

Quote from: www on November 30, 2008, 09:33 PM NHFT

If you know any of the people there that are cute, single, and female send them my way, haha.  Staple's wifi is accessible from Border's, but is sometimes iffy.

Hubbard