• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rooms available in Greenfire Haven, Barnstead

Started by jaqeboy, August 03, 2008, 09:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Greenfire Haven has rooms available starting next week. Rates are economical and you can work off up to 20% of the rent in the organic gardens and elsewhere on the property. The property is gorgeous with ponds, trails, woods, hills and plenty of wildlife. The house is sturdy and rustic, and very large. Amenities include cable, hi-speed internet (wired in some rooms, wireless throughout), laundry, parking, swimming in the pond and bonfire parties.

Opportunity for longer-term involvement in the co-op is there, as well.

Details will all be posted to PorcManor.com and pictures are coming shortly.

Call 233-1058 between 6 & 8 PM for a tour and interview.

jaqeboy

By the way, commuting times from Greenfire Haven:

Epsom Circle:                          0:20
Hooksett on-ramp to I93:         0:40
Manch. Granite St. off-ramp:     0:47
Merrimack, Exit 11:                  0:59
Nashua, Exit 5:                       1:05

to Amherst, after exiting at Merrimack, Exit 11:

Amherst Wal-Mart:                 1:10

to East side of Manchester through Hooksett on 3/28:

Epsom Circle:                         0:20
Hooksett Wal-Mart:                 0:41
Candia Rd/E.Ind.Pk.Dr.             0:58

to Concord:    30 minutes to jct of I-393 & I-93
                    35 mins. to intersection of I-93 & I-89

jaqeboy

Other parts of Greenfire Haven are available with some of the prime space being picked and almost committed.

We'll have more appointments for interviews next week after Live Free or Die Rally is past, and I'll be there at the AltExpo table to answer questions and show some photos. Rents range from $600 - $750 (including all utilities) for apartment-sized spaces with kitchenettes and baths - these spaces are suitable for 2.  Only one of the apartment-sized spaces doesn't have a private bath.

The house is a large, charming, rustic, hand-built house with lots of interesting little built in cabinets and nooks. There's a sun-hall and sun-space on the south side - big wood stove on the first level to save on propane heat and the wood has already been gathered and seasoned for the house for this winter (cost included in the utilities portion, included in rent).

We'll have a land-line phone and DSL service installed next week with wi-fi broadcast throughout the house and wired connection to some rooms.

It's a cool place. If you're serious about looking for a place with a commitment through the winter til next May, please call for an appointment to tour the house and grounds. There is still work to be done here where you can earn partial rent credit - lots less available in winter.

jaqeboy

Great news! We now have DSL internet service and 2 wireless routers installed providing some pretty good coverage - Thanks, Jraxis for the set-up assistance. Speed seems to be pretty good.

We also have our first move-in today, actually back towards the camping area. We'll be running ethernet wired back there, since he's just out of range. Once I get a plastic, waterproof electrical box setup back there, I'll probably add a wireless router back there, too. I've heard that John Babiarz has some good tips on wide area coverage, so will be checking into that with him.

More news to come and to be posted to PorcManor.com (probably starting Sunday evening when I expect to be all set up in the co-op office).

jaqeboy

OK, I got some of the spaces listed on PorcManor.com. You can see we have a lot of capacity here, at least in the good weather. The development of the villages for tiny houses will take a little while longer, but the house has lots of space to winter over in.

Greenfire Haven: http://porcmanor.com/residence/greenfire_haven

Russell Kanning

jaqeboy

I'll be at Murphy's Taproom Saturday for Merrimack Valley Porcupines with some basic info cards regarding Greenfire Haven. I'll be available for questions and I'll have some photos (on my cell phone, but will try to print out a few).

After the meeting would be a good time for a group tour for those interested in checking us out. MVP tends to drag on after the scheduled meeting with networking, but we could plan to leave Murphy's at 1:30 or so for the tour. Travel time to Barnstead is about 45-50 minutes. Should plan on 1 hour for the basic tour.

Further info on PorcManor.com - Greenfire Haven: http://porcmanor.com/residence/greenfire_haven

Porcupine_in_MA

Do they serve breakfast at Murphy's Taproom? Because if they do, I might be able to pull myself out of bed to go that early.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Porcupine on September 05, 2008, 10:31 AM NHFT
Do they serve breakfast at Murphy's Taproom? Because if they do, I might be able to pull myself out of bed to go that early.

They open at 11:00, by which time they'd be serving lunch.

jaqeboy

We're having our 2nd move-in today (unless there is any further rain) and our first big community dinner Thursday evening. Those may be good occasions to have other prospectives over to meet everyone.

Anyone have suggestions about wide area wireless networking (economical)? John Babiarz has been suggested to me as one who knows a lot about this.

Kat Kanning

jaqeboy

Oh, yeah, of course. duh! I'll contact them both later in the week and pick their brains about it. We have a lot of trees here, so I need to find out if that will be a problem - then costs, power requirements, directionality, etc.

Just doing a million things at once getting the place set up, but I guess you know about that from Grafton experience, eh?