• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

late-night ride please

Started by Mike Barskey, August 04, 2008, 10:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I'm flying into New Hampshire on Thursday, August 21 - and I'm never leaving. :)

The problem, though, is that I need to get from the airport in Manchester to my new apartment in Derry. Can anyone give me a ride? I land at 11:20p (late!) and I'll have 2 suitcases so it'll probably take 15-30 minutes to get those. I'm definitely willing to trade silver (or US$ if you want) for your assistance. Thanks in advance, if you can help.

- Mike

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Mike in CA on August 04, 2008, 10:56 AM NHFT
I'm flying into New Hampshire on Thursday, August 21 - and I'm never leaving. :)

Woohoo!

dalebert

It's a hell of a lot less effort than we are usually willing to go to to get people moved in. I'm sure you'll have no problem. I'm in Keene, so not the ideal person to help, but we have a ton of porcs in Manchester and I'm sure someone will step up. 11:20 isn't that later either for many people.

Welcome home!

Mike Barskey

Well, that's encouraging. I hope one of them responds. Maybe I should clarify: I'm offering to pay in silver (or US$, yuck) or beer. Or whatever. Negotiate! :)

Pat K

HI Mike it was nice meeting you in Grafton.
Glad to see your coming home, as I am unfortunately
not home yet, it would be a bit of a trip to pick ya up
at the airport. But I am sure some one will.

Did ah Kevin mention that you Suck. ;D

Mike Barskey

hehehe. I didn't know who "Suzy Fuckin' Homemaker" was (when I met you in Grafton you weren't wearing a "Hi! My name is Suzy Fuckin' Homemaker" nametag - but then again, neither was I) but thanks to the "you suck" comment I think I now know. :)

Well, I'll see you there when I see you there. I really enjoyed Grafton, as a place and as an idea and as potential - it's kinda far from any town whose size I'm used to, but it really stuck in my mind in a positive way.

Pat K

It is I Pat K, I was the rather large (read as fat guy)
guy who was drinking Beer on the pond trip.

error

Quote from: Mike in CA on August 04, 2008, 10:56 AM NHFT

The problem, though, is that I need to get from the airport in Manchester to my new apartment in Derry. Can anyone give me a ride? I land at 11:20p (late!) and I'll have 2 suitcases so it'll probably take 15-30 minutes to get those. I'm definitely willing to trade silver (or US$ if you want) for your assistance. Thanks in advance, if you can help.

You should get on Porcupine 411 if you haven't already. And if you don't get a response in a few days, call in and ask.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Suzy Fuckin' Homemaker on August 04, 2008, 10:21 PM NHFT
Now that I think about it, your nickname should have given you away. "Suzy Fuckin' Homemaker" has a very "Long Island" sound to it. :)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: error on August 04, 2008, 10:32 PM NHFT
You should get on Porcupine 411 if you haven't already. And if you don't get a response in a few days, call in and ask.
I do subscribe to Porc411. I was hesitant to use it for such a personal request (not related to liberty, only related to me), but now I can blame it on you if anyone complains. :) Kidding! I know no one would complain, there would be nothing to complain about, and I wouldn't pass the blame for my actions on to anyone else anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pat K

Quote from: Mike in CA on August 04, 2008, 10:46 PM NHFT
Now that I think about it, your nickname should have given you away. "Suzy Fuckin' Homemaker" has a very "Long Island" sound to it. :)

;D 8)

KBCraig

Beats the hell out of drinking pond water on the beer trip.

Mike in CA doesn't suck yet. He will suck greatly on 8/21, to to the degree that he might not need a ride, because Derry will be drawn right up to the Manchester airport.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: KBCraig on August 05, 2008, 01:11 AM NHFT
Mike in CA doesn't suck yet. He will suck greatly on 8/21, to to the degree that he might not need a ride, because Derry will be drawn right up to the Manchester airport.
Ouch. My suckitude must be enormous! And I'm not even there yet. So my pre-suckitude is enormous. Well, at least something about me is enormous.  ;)

Anyway, I received a few replies via PM from people volunteering to give me a ride, so I'm all set. Thanks!

Mike Barskey

Thanks, Cathleen and Don, for the ride last night (and today)! I'm home. :)

Pat K

Quote from: Mike in CA on August 22, 2008, 06:27 PM NHFT
Thanks, Cathleen and Don, for the ride last night (and today)! I'm home. :)

Glad your home safe.

Cathleen and Don are good folk and
so cute together it can just make ya sick.  ;D