• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need Yurt platform built

Started by Rebel Rob, August 04, 2008, 04:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Rob

Hi,

I need quotes on labor and materials for this yurt platform which will be built on a slight slope. 

http://www.yurts.com/images/media/24__Platform_Plans.pdf

It won't be bearing that much load so you can go with 2x6's instead of 4x6's and if you're creative, you could probably just use raw logs for most of the understructure, boulders for the footings and plywood for the deck.  A quote for that would be appreciated as well.  It's going to be built somewhere in the NH seacost area and needs to be completed by the first week of September. 

Thanks,
Rob
808-222-5351

PowerPenguin

Interesting. I'll be moving to the area around the time you want it done. If I'm around and you still need this done, we should get in touch. I'm no master craftsman by any chance, but I can work cheap!

Rebel Rob

Sounds good.  Got a way I can contact you or should I just wait for yours? 

kola

do u plan to live in the yurt even in winter?

kola

PowerPenguin

Quote from: Bureaucrat on August 05, 2008, 03:05 PM NHFT
Sounds good.  Got a way I can contact you or should I just wait for yours? 

I'd wait for someone else's and go w/ them first if I don't get to you 1st week or Sept or so. To be honest, I've built decks before but that's about it. I can follow directions really well and figure stuff out, but I'd be lying if I said I was a certified yurt-master.

Rebel Rob

Okay.  Thanks for the reply.  Hopefully I'll be giving you a call. 

PowerPenguin

Cool I'm going to PM you w/ my contact info so you have it. I can also do various other construction related grunt-work like painting, refinishing floors, hauling away junk, etc. Anything for my fellow porcs! :D

PowerPenguin

Hey I'm in Hampton now. Does this project still need doing?

Russell Kanning

Rebel Rob

Quote from: PowerPenguin on September 05, 2008, 02:26 PM NHFT
Hey I'm in Hampton now. Does this project still need doing?

The decks already been constructed, but I'll have other projects you could help with soon. 

PowerPenguin