• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm making a pilgramage.

Started by AnarchoJesse, July 21, 2008, 12:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

I have a long story, but to make it short, I'll give you the rundown...

I tried to up and leave, and my father interfered- with the police and a local pol (beside himself). He has convinced the "powers that be" that I am a threat to myself and others (for holding such anti-authoritarian views; on top of that, he couldn't just stop me since I am 21 years of age). So, I am kind of on the run. There is no warrant for me, but everything that I have has pretty much been blocked off by my father. I have only a small amount of capital, some clothing, and a walking stick to my name now.

I am at a friends right now who has put me up for the night, but I am leaving for the ferry across the LI Sound in a few hours. From there, I'll take a cab as far as it will take me, and walk the remainder of the way. Yes, that's right. I'm hitch hiking with all my belongings that I can carry to the FSP. I aim for arriving in Keene by Friday. Once I get there, I'll cross the remaining bridges that I need too, like finding a job and such.

For the time being though, I'll be a non-person. I carry no papers, no identification, nothing. The only distinguishing marks on myself is an Ama-gi tattoo on the left forearm, and a Keywork symbol on my right shoulder.

Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll see you all in a few days.

dalebert

Wow! I guess that explains why we didn't see you at Burning Porcupine. I look forward to seeing you when you arrive in Keene. I'll arrive there shortly after you, I think.

Puke

Wow! How the hell can your father do that if you are 21?
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Russell Kanning

maybe you can use the cab fare for a bus ticket to Keene. You can probably get here for less than $100

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 21, 2008, 04:26 PM NHFT
maybe you can use the cab fare for a bus ticket to Keene. You can probably get here for less than $100

Bus riders are pretty easily intercepted.
Now if you bought a ticket to, say, Philadelphia, traveled just to the next stop, and then bought a ticket to New Hampshire, it might throw them off your trail long enough to complete the journey . . .

FTL_Ian

I definitely want to hear the long story.

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on July 21, 2008, 09:00 PM NHFT
Bus riders are pretty easily intercepted.
Now if you bought a ticket to, say, Philadelphia, traveled just to the next stop, and then bought a ticket to New Hampshire, it might throw them off your trail long enough to complete the journey . . .

Pretty sure no one's "on his trail".

Russell's idea is good.  Go Greyhound.

Russell Kanning

you can travel as Shorty Dawkins or as me ... if you want to do whatever jail time might be pending for me :)

AnarchoJesse

Thanks guys, but I made it to Keene by bus. I'm actually at the Keene Public Library right now, and they were kind enough to let me on the computer even without Paypaz.

If anyone is around tonight so I can get acclamated and can kind of give me a layout, I'll be on Main Street for the majority of the evening. I can be identified by a walking stick, blue gym bag, and red sandals. I have a beard, glasses, and like I mentioned above, an Ama-gi tattoo on the left forearm. If you see me, please just come up to me and be like "Hey, Jesse."

Also, I'll buy the first person who finds me a beer or coffee. Whichever is your bag. Hopefully I'll see one of you later this evening.

grasshopper

FTL_Ian

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on July 22, 2008, 02:47 PM NHFT
Thanks guys, but I made it to Keene by bus. I'm actually at the Keene Public Library right now, and they were kind enough to let me on the computer even without Paypaz.

If anyone is around tonight so I can get acclamated and can kind of give me a layout, I'll be on Main Street for the majority of the evening. I can be identified by a walking stick, blue gym bag, and red sandals. I have a beard, glasses, and like I mentioned above, an Ama-gi tattoo on the left forearm. If you see me, please just come up to me and be like "Hey, Jesse."

Also, I'll buy the first person who finds me a beer or coffee. Whichever is your bag. Hopefully I'll see one of you later this evening.

Welcome to Keene!  I was downtown this afternoon, but didn't read this till tonight.  Make sure you join us for Social Sundays if you're around!  (Don't think I'll be making it this week though - business event to attend with the lady.)

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=5.0

firecracker joe

welcome!
nice job getting here . theres always people who are willing to help those willing to help themselves
get a bike , faster than walking and economical too.
maybe in time your father will see you made the right decision. Comes a time we all have to stand on our own 2 feet.

J’raxis 270145

41mag

How did things work out?  Didn't hear much about what happened after the post above about being on the street.

Russell Kanning

I saw him smiling on central square this afternoon and he can be seen at "social sundays"