• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

So how does 9/20 sound?

it worked so good .... we are doing it again this year ... on the same day

sept 20th 2009

close

Sept 26th 2010

Tom Ploszaj

How long will the Harvest be? 
Sept. 15 is a full moon   ;)
I will need to be in CT for Sept. 25th

Russell Kanning

the harvesting might be very short .... we only have crabapples this year ... and you know what those are good for? .... yea that's right crabapple fights ... or cider if you are not as violent as I am :)

Russell Kanning

leafpeeping will be allowed
some leaves are already changing

Free libertarian

So if the normal crew from Grafton is there who else is thinking of coming?  Sounds like a friday night kick off and run thru Sunday thing...By then if the weather is about normal the evenings should be cooling off and a camp fire would be nice.  Perhaps with the apple theme and all we could serve hot apple cider or have a baked apple pie contest or not.  Or a pie eating contest or not.   Work with me here people, it IS an apple fest.  ;D

Another chance for you city slickers to see the stars at night and plan your move to freedom, good excuse to check out  NH and Grafton.
Nothing like  a good camp fire and  philosophizing (sic) about life with other freedom oriented
folk...I'd be up for a low stakes poker game too if any card sharks are in need of my money.

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Well you convinced me.

I wonder if there is any Apple Beer?

Russell Kanning

I like the idea of a apple dessert contest... all of us that want to eat can pay a couple of bucks and we get a vote ... then the winner gets the loot

Russell Kanning

a really cool old apple juicer showed up today from windsor ct.
the guy who brought it almost broke a smile
people will love it
there are some ripe crabapples already ... we have some leaves changing already and some apples falling

Kat Kanning

Festival needs an ad in the Grafton Gazette.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 12, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
the evenings should be cooling off
Yeah!  Can't wait for the cool evenings

Russell Kanning

I need to get pictures of the old apple juicer.

Lloyd Danforth

We need some pieces of oak or maple. Some 3' x 4', some 2' x4' and some 1''board.

Russell Kanning

I met a guy yesterday that said he had one too ... I bet yours is cooler

41mag

Russell, I've got some apples here too.  Are you allowing non-Grafton apples?

Turning them into cider sounds good.  Who's bringing the yeast?   ;D