• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 22, 2009, 03:13 PM NHFT
So......we're like'in the 20th.  Anyone got anything to add? This date good for you?
Sounds good to me.  I'll bring Dog Stomp Pie!!!  ;D

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 22, 2009, 11:15 AM NHFT
The 13th and 20th seem like the best.  The 20th has the advantage of being two weeks after Jerry's party and would give folks traveling distances who might want to attend both, a two week break.

Not to mention the apples will have another week to fatten up.

Russell Kanning

last year we drank a  lot after the fest .... but there were plenty that week  also :)

Free libertarian

For people who are considering coming to Apple festival.  There's an old cider press at the Hoyt farm Lloyd built right after he returned from the civil war, we resurrected it last year.  It turns apples into cider.   If you bring bags, baskets or containers of apples they can get turned into cider.  Empty plastic water or milk jugs (with caps) are good to bring along to...gotta contain the cider somehow.
Bruised apples are okay, pears too.   Any apple pie that is brought for group consumption will
be gratefully eaten.

Rumor has it there may be a small amount of home brew available for taste testing. 

Russell Kanning

John

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 26, 2009, 06:22 AM NHFTmilk jugs (with caps) are good to bring along to...gotta contain the cider somehow.

But. But, I heard that the goobermen forbid anything being put into milk containers (other than milk.)  :o

Russell Kanning

btw ... there will be unharvested crabapples available here at the farm for those that don't bring a bag with them and still want some free cider :)

AntonLee

I'm still laughing at the civil war comment

Free libertarian

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 27, 2009, 05:02 PM NHFT
btw ... there will be unharvested crabapples available here at the farm for those that don't bring a bag with them and still want some free cider :)

Talk about sour apple...

Russell Kanning

just remembered we need to cover up the apple press before the rain ... it was looking pretty good

Kat Kanning

And Lloyd too?  Since they're both Civil War relics.

Pat K

Don't cover Lloyd to tight!
He needs to breath!

Russell Kanning