• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Yes,  you can still enter at 12.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: agraftonite on September 19, 2009, 11:29 AM NHFT
I'd like to know if I have to be there at the beginning of the festival in order to compete in the Apple Contest or if I can show up at like 12 instead and still enter...
i was thinking the tasting will be from 12 to 1pm
it won't be very scientific or very official, since one pie will not go far with 30 tasters :)

we have some apple tarts that showed up from Salem, Mass from a man who cannot attend tomorrow

kira is making apple/rhubarb sauce cake tonight

agraftonite

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 19, 2009, 05:00 PM NHFT
I'd like to know if I have to be there at the beginning of the festival in order to compete in the Apple Contest or if I can show up at like 12 instead and still enter...
it won't be very scientific or very official, since one pie will not go far with 30 tasters :)

we have some apple tarts that showed up from Salem, Mass from a man who cannot attend tomorrow

Can I be a competitor and a taster?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: agraftonite on September 19, 2009, 05:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 19, 2009, 05:00 PM NHFT

Can I be a competitor and a taster?
yes .... I know Kira will be.
The apple tarts are actually  from Hampton, nh.
I had a piece of Kira's cake this morning ... Kat is already mad at me ... it's gunna be a great day.
I might have to vote for Kira's .... it is really good.
Our rhubarb got hit hard by the first hard frost last night .... we might have to harvest the rest today. Apples should be sweeter now.

Pat K

Unfortunately I just got home from a double shift
my second in a row so I am gonna be getting some
sleep soon and will not be able to attend this fine fest.

I know you all will have a great time. ;D
Some one drink a Beer for me.

Friday

I found two pear trees on my property yesterday, just in time for the PearApple Festival!  So I'll bring pears, a dollar, and my belly.   :cartman:

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Friday

Will there be a fruit-washing station and illegal child labor at this family-friendly event?  :D

Lloyd Danforth

K. Darien Freeheart

Today was a BLAST! It was awesome meeting many of the people I've spent the past two years posting online with and now they're my neighbors! I learned I like some people I didn't think I'd like as much as I do (and the opposite) and much, much fun was had by all!

QuoteWill there be a fruit-washing station and illegal child labor at this family-friendly event?

As far as I know, the only visitors today that were young enough to be called "child labor" didn't do much work... and picking their own tomatoes doesn't count. ;)

Friday

Quote from: Kevin Dean on September 20, 2009, 08:37 PM NHFT
It was awesome meeting many of the people I've spent the past two years posting online with and now they're my neighbors! I learned I like some people I didn't think I'd like as much as I do (and the opposite)
Erm, thanks for letting us know you didn't like some of us.   :P

K. Darien Freeheart

I adore you, Sandy. And I don't mean to say I don't like some people, just that forums are not indicative of how well one relates to others in meatspace.

Friday