• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Lance

Nice pics.  We had a great time and wish that we could have stayed longer but there were no more ripe grape tomatoes left.  ;)

Russell Kanning

that was fun
my cut is getting better
i am putting a summary on the "welcome to the shire" website, so tell me if you want anything else added for posterity ... or curious onlookers

Mike Barskey

TackleTheWorld

Wow, there are some nicely composed and detailed pictures there.  I like the one of pirate Jim poking the fire with a fork.  The fire has curves across the lower left corner, and the pirate curves across the upper right corner.   The detail in the "Hot stuff" pic is tremendous for the low light conditions.

Lloyd Danforth

I like the one where I'm trying to keep my face from catching fire.

Friday

How long will a capped beer bottle of apple juice last in the refrigerator?

Lloyd Danforth

There are no preservatives. The sooner you drink it the better.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteHow long will a capped beer bottle of apple juice last in the refrigerator?

It also hasn't been pasturized, so natural yeasts will begin fermenting in a few days. This releases CO2, increasing pressure. In the homebrewing hobby, we call these "bottle bombs" or "glass grenades" because they explode. Not trying to scare you. If you plan on keeping it longer than a few days, I'd suggest putting it in a plastic bottle or something. I had a pumpkin ale explode in my kitchen long ago. I had to peel the kitties from the ceiling. They jumped so high when it exploded that they hit the ceiling. The sticky liquid caused them to stick instantly. I had to pick glass shards from my coffee mugs for a month.

Lloyd Danforth

The fridge should slow the yeast down. Perhaps it will become a Lager cider :P.
Drink it Sandy!  There is more coming.  I tried one of your Pears.  Didn't taste like anything but, we may squeeze them anyway.

Friday

Quote from: Kevin Dean on September 22, 2009, 11:28 PM NHFT
QuoteHow long will a capped beer bottle of apple juice last in the refrigerator?

It also hasn't been pasturized, so natural yeasts will begin fermenting in a few days. This releases CO2, increasing pressure. In the homebrewing hobby, we call these "bottle bombs" or "glass grenades" because they explode. Not trying to scare you. If you plan on keeping it longer than a few days, I'd suggest putting it in a plastic bottle or something. I had a pumpkin ale explode in my kitchen long ago. I had to peel the kitties from the ceiling. They jumped so high when it exploded that they hit the ceiling. The sticky liquid caused them to stick instantly. I had to pick glass shards from my coffee mugs for a month.
Zoiks!!  Thanks for the warning; I have transferred the juice to plastic containers.  Which reminds me, I left my glass beer/margarita pitcher behind; does someone have it?

Kat Kanning

TackleTheWorld

How is Russell's apple-gathering injury?

Friday

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 24, 2009, 12:14 PM NHFT
How is Russell's apple-gathering injury?
That's the thing with apples... they look all wholesome and pure, and then when you're not paying attention, they ATTACK!!!     :onalimb: