• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

the gang got another 6 gallons juiced today

bender and kira got more apples the easy way ... no complicated dismount

K. Darien Freeheart

Quotebender and kira got more apples the easy way ... no complicated dismount

They learn!!!

I'm wishing I had a few Graftonini's right about now.

41mag

Russell Kanning

41mag

Russell Kanning

anything special we want to do this year?

Russell Kanning

So .... looks like  September 26th 2010 works good
this time on the church green

John

For several reasons I do not want to be the one to ask to use the uncommon. I think it is a larger responsibility than I can fit on my plate right now.
If someone else does that, that is great.
Of course we can use the Peaceful Assembly Church grounds - which are obviously not quite as prominent as the green. Maybe we could have the applepress and other cool stuff set up out in front of the white picket fence and we'd still have the whole yard for hanging around, etc. ...

Kat Kanning

Whatever.  I guess it won't happen then.

AntonLee

what church needs to be called to ask?  I'll call or better yet I'll get sweet Jaime with her cute little voice to call and ask if people can stand on their grass and have an apple press,  a bucket for bobbing for apples, and some tables for other orchards to sell their delicious apples.

K. Darien Freeheart

I started a batch of apple wine (or more specifically, apfelwein) that should be ready for me to share for the Festival. :)

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AntonLee on August 31, 2010, 10:50 AM NHFT
what church needs to be called to ask?  I'll call or better yet I'll get sweet Jaime with her cute little voice to call and ask if people can stand on their grass and have an apple press,  a bucket for bobbing for apples, and some tables for other orchards to sell their delicious apples.
great idea
http://www.millbrookchristianfellowship.org/newbldg/index.html
pastor tom is a nice guy

Russell Kanning

i am emailing the other church right now

facebook event finally up by me
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159267334084487

the apple dessert contest will be $2 for tasters this year. The winner gets half the pot and rest goes to the church.
the first year Cathleen (from the South) wounded the yankee pride
last year Ashley brought the local flavor of VT and NH to the event and won over all the sweet tooths :)

I need corrugated plastic signs for the event.

K. Darien Freeheart

In honor of today being voting day, I have already decided who I will give my Best Apple Dish vote to. :)