• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: cathleeninnh on September 25, 2010, 11:45 AM NHFTSomewhere on Main St, right?

Exactly! Peaceful Assembly Church is in an old (1798) white building on Rout 4.

More specifically: As you drive along Rout 4 you will go up a little hill and around a little bend and come upon a place where you might say, "Hey, that looks like a classic New England post card: Big white church with beautiful autumn foliage all around." That is the place.
Peaceful Assembly Church is at 860 Main St. also known as Grafton Center.

I look forward to seeing you guys again.

MaineShark

Quote from: John on September 25, 2010, 07:56 PM NHFTExactly! Peaceful Assembly Church is in an old (1798) white building on Rout 4.

More specifically: As you drive along Rout 4 you will go up a little hill and around a little bend and come upon a place where you might say, "Hey, that looks like a classic New England post card: Big white church with beautiful autumn foliage all around." That is the place.
Peaceful Assembly Church is at 860 Main St. also known as Grafton Center.

I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Anyone who can miss your church has probably been hitting the cider before driving over... ;D

Joe

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAnyone who can miss your church has probably been hitting the cider before driving over...

I've 'hit the cider' several times while passing the Church.

It's still nearly impossible to miss. :)

I'm so excited for tomorrow!

Russell Kanning

tomorrow is now today
looks like decent weather ..... tiny chance of rain and 63 for the high
good basketball weather

John

HUGE SUCCESS!
Thanks to everyone who attended and helped out, these events were awesome.
Good times were had by all.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah we had a good time.

Excellent food... hats off to Jacobus and family for the Italian dinner.

Russell Kanning

yep
the apple dessert contest was pretty good
Elizabeth won and collected $40 (another $40 went to the church)
Cathleen and Kat came in a close second
Graham was in the running for a while, but eventually the ladies crushed all of our male entries.

next year it will be open to all apple-based dishes

The Liberty Scholarship Fund dinner went well. I think Kat sold 40 tickets, so that netted the Fund about $400.
I am sure only rain would have dampened the party goers that continued on to the bonfire.

Jacobus

Thanks to everyone who attended!  It was good to put some faces to handles, and our boys had a blast. 

It was too late for us to attend the post-dinner bonfire, but maybe another time. 

Pat K

I had a great time.
Good to see folk.
I only have to serve another 140 hours, under Lloyd's 
Harsh um thorough apprenticeship, to become a
Master apple crushologist.

The president of the under ground was a quick learner
of the apple press.

Jacobus dinner was great.

The desserts were yummy.

I went back to NY- I am just not very smart.

Russell Kanning

everyone seems to have survived
i was worried we might leave some in the swamp after the bonfire

AntonLee

while not all the pics have to do with apples, I had some shots of the PAC and trees as well.

http://www.shirephotography.com/gallery/Grafton-The-place-to-live-free/G0000KZW.unnHDJk

I chose to change the Burning Porcupine folder into the "Grafton" folder.

Russell Kanning

we were just talking about how we need to make Burning Porcupine a town-wide event
we can have activities and people staying all over town to handle more people and variety of events

PattyLee loves dogs

:o :glasses1: :hello: :icon_sunny: :home: :Drunken_Pumpkin_by_IcedOver: :grommit: :rofl: :clap:

Wonderful time, apple festival, dinner, bonfire and great discussions. Thank You.

AntonLee

I had a great time.  Nice meeting you Pattylee.