• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival

Started by Russell Kanning, August 07, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

We made about 6 gallons of cider from 3 different sources. We had 3 distinct flavors.  All good!  We made one gallon of Pear Cider. We got 2 gallons from each 10 gallon tub of medium to small apples.  Thanks to Jerry and Bob C.for help getting the machine ready and all the folks who helped making the cider.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah, the cider press was really cool and I especially liked the pear cider.

Mike Barskey

There are some more pictures in my gallery. 41mag and others, feel free to add your pics to this gallery - you can do it by simply emailing your pics to the email address in the album (which is mike.barskey-t3qq@post.me.com for this album - or you can click on the "Send to Album" link).

Also, I'll add a short video to this gallery probably tomorrow night (you can subscribe to the gallery's RSS to be alerted to changes).

Becky Thatcher

what a cutie, the kitten that is.

KBCraig

Looks like a great time, and beautiful weather. Thanks for stoking my homesickness.  :'(

Russell Kanning

the apple juicer was so quiet, we could yell at each other up on the roof

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah!  No matter how fast we cranked we could still hear those guys talking in funny voices and running around the roof playing 'Grab Ass'

John

I'm so glad I was able to be at Apple Fest!
Being around the nicest people I know helped me more that most ordinary folk could ever.
Thank you all  - for being.

41mag

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on September 20, 2008, 10:51 PM NHFT

You mean you weren't referring to the roofers?

Russell Kanning

even the random crabapples that don, cathleen, and kira picked were good

Lloyd Danforth

Waiting on the video that some folks were taking of the apple squeez'in

Jim Johnson

Quote from: 41mag on September 21, 2008, 12:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Becky Thatcher on September 20, 2008, 10:51 PM NHFT

You mean you weren't referring to the roofers?

Wait... that one shows Roger working... when did that happen?    :D

Mike Barskey

I added a 5-minute video to my photo gallery. It doesnt really capture an Apple Festival, per se, but I was only there on Saturday. :) Enjoy.

Mark_FTL

GOSH DARN IT! If I would have read this sooner I would have come and brought the whole fam damily.

Lloyd Danforth

Ya gotta keep up with the important forums!