• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Project 1

Started by William, August 07, 2008, 03:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

William

This will be at Rik Humbolt's place in Henniker. 2307 Weare Rd. He came to NH 30 years ago fleeing tyranny and found a place where he thought he could be free. He built a three unit geodesic dome by hand. He had grand plans for the rest of his acreage but the statists have moved in he's been fighting a lonely battle against the planning board.

He heard about the FSP and came to Porcfest where I met him and found him to be a kindred spirit (I was happy to find so many there). He invited us to his home having only known us for a few days. Eventually he came to Burning Porc and was just overall excited that there was a sense of community and that he didn't have to do it all alone.

He's decided to put the finishing touches on the property, put it on the market in the spring and move to Grafton. The house would be long finished but he has to work a full time job to pay the taxes and mortgage so it doesn't leave much time. Rik went with us to the DC March and I know that as soon as he can get out of this money pit, he'll make a great activist.

Here's what we need. Mostly cosmetic work in the two bedroom unit (which also will be available for rent once we finish it, would prefer Freestaters). Remove carpet upstairs and down, lay tile downstairs (the carpet upstairs will be laid by professionals), paint upstairs and down, stucco the garage.

The days chosen are the 19th - 20th and the 26th - 27th of August. Depending on how many people show up, four days may not be required. That would be nice. Food will be provided and since we are free marketers, volunteers will be compensated in Shire Hours. I'm so glad that the Shire Hours site is up and running in time for this, it's just perfect. If anyone needs to convert a few hours immediately for petrol or other emergency, we'll try to accommodate.

Amy and I will be there for the duration so the base is three. Please add your name and what days / hours you'll be available. Tks

Pat McCotter

AntonLee

I'd like to help out but I'm not skilled in any of these things. . .are you looking for professionals?  I can paint a wall I'm pretty sure I'm not that retarded.  I'm a good laborer and am looking to get a little involved here before I move into NH.  (I live on the border in MA)

William

Quote from: AntonLee on August 07, 2008, 07:28 PM NHFT
I'd like to help out but I'm not skilled in any of these things. . .are you looking for professionals?  I can paint a wall I'm pretty sure I'm not that retarded.  I'm a good laborer and am looking to get a little involved here before I move into NH.  (I live on the border in MA)

No skills required. Hands are what we need. You'll be an expert tile layer by the time it's over.  ;)
I think we can divide the tile job into several sub jobs such as mixing the adhesive, applying the adhesive, placing the tiles, cutting the tiles and grout. A person could do one job or rotate to learn the entire process. Same goes for finishing the outside of the garage. Hope to see you there. Please post if you're sure you can make it. An idea of how many are coming will allow us to make sure we have enough items like knee pads, gloves... and food.

Tom Ploszaj

I will see how far along you are when I get back to the east coast Selpt. 10th
Sept 25-28  I am busy with Brett and the FSP marking group at the CT Liberty Forum
after which I can finish up my CT projects and move more of my things to Grafton to be able to help with this and future Porc projects

William

Quote from: Tom Ploszaj on August 08, 2008, 01:01 PM NHFT
I will see how far along you are when I get back to the east coast Selpt. 10th
Sept 25-28  I am busy with Brett and the FSP marking group at the CT Liberty Forum
after which I can finish up my CT projects and move more of my things to Grafton to be able to help with this and future Porc projects

Thanks Tom, we'll see you soon.

Russell Kanning

I will probably not be able to join you for these dates. But I look forward to the updates and pictures.

William

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 09, 2008, 08:23 PM NHFT
I will probably not be able to join you for these dates. But I look forward to the updates and pictures.

:'(

Not any?

J’raxis 270145

Google is giving me "approximate" results for 2307 Weare Road. Is that map about correct?

William

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 15, 2008, 05:22 AM NHFT
Google is giving me "approximate" results for 2307 Weare Road. Is that map about correct?

Close. The point is too far north. Continue down the 114 past colby crossing and ruffled rd. You will see a red mailbox with 2307. I'll put up a sign or other marker on the day of.

Free libertarian

Hello William...we met at Burning Porc and played poker etc.  Did you say "Grafton" ?  As in someone is planning on moving here? Cool.  Not sure if I can help on project 1 but will keep it on my radar, if I can help I should know later this coming week and will post something here. I've done a good bit of painting, wall patching etc. and other stuff before so I might be useful in some capacity.   

William

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 15, 2008, 07:51 PM NHFT
Hello William...we met at Burning Porc and played poker etc.  Did you say "Grafton" ?  As in someone is planning on moving here? Cool.  Not sure if I can help on project 1 but will keep it on my radar, if I can help I should know later this coming week and will post something here. I've done a good bit of painting, wall patching etc. and other stuff before so I might be useful in some capacity.   

Thanks for the post. If you could let any of the guys there who don't have internet know about this that would be great. I know many of them are knee deep in projects but I feel it would be worth their time to show up and meet the team. I would love to see a "project 2" in Grafton maybe the second week of Sept.

Free libertarian

Still working on this project?  How did the tile come out?  Garage? 

I had a fun day helping last week working and talking with everybody, would like to talk to Rick more about alternative methods and materials for building, how do I contact him?  Will and Amy see you guys soon, thanks for organizing this, it was a good thing to do.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: William on August 10, 2008, 10:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 09, 2008, 08:23 PM NHFT

:'(

Not any?
nope sorry

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 27, 2008, 05:34 AM NHFT
Still working on this project?  How did the tile come out?  Garage? 

I had a fun day helping last week working and talking with everybody, would like to talk to Rick more about alternative methods and materials for building, how do I contact him?  Will and Amy see you guys soon, thanks for organizing this, it was a good thing to do.

We're slightly more than half done with the tiling now. We're probably going to be scheduling more work days after the big Ron Paul event in Minnesota that a lot of people are going to. William hasn't been online in about a week, but he said he'd post again in here soon to give people updates.