• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New open carry event

Started by William, August 07, 2008, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

William

So about a month a go, I'm in Hampton Beach and there's a ridiculous number of cops with way too much attitude. It occurs to me that what this place needed was nice open carry event. But when would it do the most good? On Labor day weekend when all of our friends from Mass can gawk at us.

I shared this with some folks since then got some positive responses so it's on for Sat the 30th. We'll decide on the details later but I wanted to get it out there so folks would have time to make plans. What could be better than enjoying a beautiful summer day at the beach and working in some activism too? I may go early and just spend the whole day walking around. Maybe pass out some flyers too.

Have the open carry events in Manchester continued every other Sunday? If not, why not? If so, does it fall on this weekend? Also needed would be videographers (hello copwatchers) and supporters neither carrying nor filming but just being there and kickin it on the coast.

doobie

I'm up for it and will ride-share with someone from Manchester.  I'm planning on organizing a Nashua NH Rt. 3 clean up in the 'commercial' areas.  WAYYY too many people from Massachusetts there.

William

Sweet. Hopefully we'll have plenty of folks from Manch and getting a ride won't be a problem. If by some chance you still don't have one when the time draws near, let me know we'll pick you up on our way in.

beretta92d

i'd be up for another OC day @ the beach..i'll have to get a new battery for my camcorder(old one doesn't hold charge well).

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: William on August 07, 2008, 11:45 PM NHFT
Have the open carry events in Manchester continued every other Sunday? If not, why not? If so, does it fall on this weekend? Also needed would be videographers (hello copwatchers) and supporters neither carrying nor filming but just being there and kickin it on the coast.

Manchester has gotten rained out twice in a row now. No one wants rusty hardware. :)

It's always on the second and fourth Sunday of each month, preceding Alec's ice cream social event.

William

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 15, 2008, 12:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: William on August 07, 2008, 11:45 PM NHFT

Manchester has gotten rained out twice in a row now. No one wants rusty hardware. :)

It's always on the second and fourth Sunday of each month, preceding Alec's ice cream social event.

That happens to be the day after. I'll talk to the guys on Sunday and Tues to see if they would be willing to reschedule to the day before. I doubt many folks will want to do two open carry events back to back especially on a holiday weekend.

doobie

I don't think I'll be able to make it.  Sorry :(  Have to be somewhere Saturday afternoon.

J’raxis 270145

What time is this going to be at? Brad Jardis is going to do some door-to-door campaigning from 11:00–15:00 in Hooksett, which I'll be helping out with, and I'm sure several other people who might want to go to this will be there, too.

AntonLee

when is this planned for?  I'm going to make a deal. . . I'll be there looking for people with guns on that don't dress up in police uniforms.

I'll have my camera, but no gun.  Got a sox game in the evening so I'll be leaving around 1/2pm

William

Ok, Here's the best plan I can come up with. We are meeting at the Walmart in Seabrook between 10:30 - 11:00.

Parking is rough at the beach usually and more so on a holiday weekend. Fortunately, Peter has volunteered the use of his 15 passenger van. He also has handicap plates so we'll be able to smooth into a nice spot.

We'll load up in his van, park near the south end of the strip, head north walking to the far end and find a place to have lunch. I'd say 20 min - half hour leisurely walk each way plus lunch puts the whole event at about 2 hours barring complications. Add a 10 min drive each way and we should be out by 1:30.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to make a day of it and hang out at the beach afterwards.

Wal-Mart
270 Lafayette Road
Seabrook, NH 03874

AntonLee

sounds good to me. . . meet at Wal-Mart near the garden center?

William

Quote from: AntonLee on August 28, 2008, 07:57 PM NHFT
sounds good to me. . . meet at Wal-Mart near the garden center?

We'll be somewhere in middle of the parking lot. Look for the big blue van and the guys with guns.  ;)

mvpel

Folks, please be careful, and keep your cool.  I'll see if I can make it out there to join you.

Be sure to review your rights and obligations, and have a plan of action if you're confronted - decide ahead of time whether your goal is to educate the officer about open carry, or to simply refuse to cooperate with an unlawful detention. "I don't feel like chatting, am I free to go?"

Remember, the place to win victory in a confrontation with a cop acting unlawfully is in the courtroom, not on the sidewalk.

Giggan

For rain events perhaps we should get cheap guns we don't plan on using and keep them unloaded. Cops don't let the rain stop them from patrolling, perhaps we shouldn't let it stop us from educating the public. Then again, there will be far fewer people out if it is raining. We'd just have to keep in mind that they'd not be usable in the event of an emergency.

John

Quote from: William on August 28, 2008, 07:00 PM NHFTAdd a 10 min drive each way and we should be out by 1:30.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to make a day of it and hang out at the beach afterwards.

Is the "10 min drive" what you'd expect on a normal day?
Remember the fact that this is not only a holiday weekend - but also the last one of the summer!
Traffic is heavy enough heading into (and sometimes out of) the beach area that I ruled the area out when choosing where to live.

Anywho, I hope to see you all at the beach. I plan on doing 2 separate stories for my youtube channel - which is PHONHJohn.