• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New open carry event

Started by William, August 07, 2008, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

William

I'm sure traffic will be far worse later in the afternoon / early eve. Fortunately we will only be in one vehicle and won't have parking issues whatsoever. The strip has a fairly large overhang so we should be able to stay mostly dry even if it rains. We've had beautiful weather the last few days, it could hold out one more that would be awesome.

John

Quote from: William on August 29, 2008, 07:56 PM NHFTWe've had beautiful weather the last few days, it could hold out one more that would be awesome.

I find these guys to be pretty accurate.
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNH0099?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

William

Quote from: John on August 29, 2008, 10:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: William on August 29, 2008, 07:56 PM NHFTWe've had beautiful weather the last few days, it could hold out one more that would be awesome.

I find these guys to be pretty accurate.
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNH0099?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Thanks for the link. Partly cloudy, 68% humidity, 20% chance of precipitation and a nice 8mph breeze. Perfect!

Dave Ridley

have fun out there guys!   i hope to hear some 411 calls if there are any police encounters....but don't forget to inform the police they are being recorded.

William

Quote from: William on August 28, 2008, 11:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on August 28, 2008, 07:57 PM NHFT
sounds good to me. . . meet at Wal-Mart near the garden center?

We'll be somewhere in middle of the parking lot. Look for the big blue van and the guys with guns.  ;)

Sorry, it's a white van.

RobFromSalem

This was for today, the 30th? Just checking out the forum and saw this, if its on labor day monday I'll be there :P if its today, have fun.

AntonLee

it was fun, didn't see anyone carrying though. . .myself and John were there with cameras.

Puke

I couldn't make it. I didn't wake up until 9 ish and had other things to do besides.
The coast is too far away.  :(

J’raxis 270145

AntonLee

actually it was just me and John from Salem. . . I don't have a gun (still in MA) and he had his camera.  We talked to a few people about what we were going to be filming. . . and after a couple of hours we took off.

It was a good time I'm glad I did it.

dalebert

The first one in Manchester didn't have anyone show up. Times change so don't be discouraged.

William

Quote from: AntonLee on August 30, 2008, 11:23 PM NHFT
actually it was just me and John from Salem. . . I don't have a gun (still in MA) and he had his camera.  We talked to a few people about what we were going to be filming. . . and after a couple of hours we took off.

It was a good time I'm glad I did it.

Didn't see you guys there. I guess we should have exchanged phone #'s. I was there with Pete and we walked the strip and had lunch at the purple urchin. We were both carrying and got a few looks from the beach goers but no response from the cops. There were at least 4 cars and one motorcycle patrolling a few square block area. I couldn't tell if any of the car units saw us at all or noticed but I'm sure the bike cop did and he just ignored us which of course was the best possible outcome.

Maybe next time I'll open carry while wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.  ;D

I did have a minor incident at the Hopkington fair the day before which I'll post about in another thread.

Giggan

You just wanna be careful with carry while concealing your identity, that could constitute a lawful stop in that the average person would be reasonably suspicious of such a scene.

PowerPenguin

I just moved to Hampton last week. We should get in touch about this stuff!

mvpel

Quote from: Giggan on September 02, 2008, 12:01 PM NHFT
You just wanna be careful with carry while concealing your identity, that could constitute a lawful stop in that the average person would be reasonably suspicious of such a scene.
Why?

What specific facts about that scene would reasonably lead someone to conclude that a law has been, is being, or is about to be broken?