• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New open carry event

Started by William, August 07, 2008, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

In and of itself, nothing. But it makes two factors of 'unordinary' behavior (though we aim to removes open carry from unordinary) which would amount to suspicious behavior. Being it a strange scene in and of itself, one more strange factor would likely tempt an officer to question, thought the technical requirements for a stop would not be there, we know this will not stop a suspicious officer. I don't believe it qualifies for an articuable amount of reasonable suspicion, but most officers would probably agree that the scene is strange enough in itself that it would lead them to stop (or at the very least, question) someone who is open carrying as well as concealing their identity. I don't agree with it, but that is the way they will see it...unless of course they are aware of the politically-conscious open carry crowd that is seeing if perfectly legal behavior will pre-empt a stop. If they think they will get resistance (and know the person carrying will know they are right) they will be far less likely to stop them.

Just because the law is on our side doesn't mean the police will necessarily see it that way, and I'm thinking its something we should be aware of. Many of them are still ignorant of the legality of open carry as it is. Throw in another factor, and they may not respond so nicely.

JC

I'm ready to open carry publicly when there are more porcs in the state.  I just got here so I have to feel out what my comfort level is.  I decided to move and then figure all these things out eventually....especially as more porcs move in.